Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Final G5: Caps Win! - Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
@StrikingDistance @HunterSThompson @RandyHolt and anyone else, let me know if you want to do a HF Caps meetup. I will be downtown my brother and a few friends.

Here is a likely picture of me getting ready to watch tonight.

giphy.gif

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Just stopped by the Pens page for a few seconds. That thread is high comedy and always makes me chuckle. Those guys are still so bitter it's unbelievable.
I never understand that. They have won multiple cups and beat us on the way each time. Just be happy for another fan base for once that may get to see their team do something for the first time. Damn.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
It has been a long, long time since I have lurked these boards. And since the Winnipeg Jets have returned, gotten younger, and are surprisingly good, my ability to cheer for the Caps has waned over the past two seasons.

But I've never forgotten you guys. I hope the Capitals get it done tonight for all of you, especially the long-time posters on this board.

Good luck from Canada.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
This whole thing has made me teary eyed. NBC Washington has this show Journey to the Cup where they chronicle the first 2 rounds. It's called part 1, guess they'll make another one eventually. Anyways I've watched it a couple times and never fail to get some dirt in my eyes at the end when Kuzy buries the breakaway against Pittsburgh. Happened again this morning

I hope there is some kinda dvd/download for sale after the playoffs. I’ve never bought a team season review before but I plan on doing it this year

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
@StrikingDistance @HunterSThompson @RandyHolt and anyone else, let me know if you want to do a HF Caps meetup. I will be downtown my brother and a few friends.

I will at least try to document / tag where I post up. Anyone else that is going, chime in. If indoors on normal game days, I usually hang at Clydes upstairs.

I will be getting there likely after 6, vs some getting there at 3pm where a meetup during the mystics game would be easy. I have to with meet up with 2 groups of friends, one one person flying solo, some are indoors, some outdoors....And I am not sure if I will be indoors or out, it may depend on how much booze I have left. If indoors, I will post my section etc.

I am thinking about making a: Hi! My Name Is RandyHolt badge and just see if you crazed folks find me. I have a feeling tonights crowd will dwarf the previous games.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
I never understand that. They have won multiple cups and beat us on the way each time. Just be happy for another fan base for once that may get to see their team do something for the first time. Damn.

I can't really say I was happy for them the past couple years, although maybe it would've been different if roles were reversed. But I can say I definitely didn't keep following along and rooting so hard against them. I just felt super disappointed for a couple days then unplugged and focused on other things. Maybe that's the problem, in Pittsburgh there really isn't anything else to do....

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

I'm going to try and get the spot by/under the tree on the northern corner of 7th & G.

Might bring a chair, but will def have a camo backpack wearing #92 t-shirt. Will be with 2 maidens...possibly getting handcuffed.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
lol Why the f*** are Pens fans salty?
Must be a special breed here.

My fan who lives in Pitts wrote this to me the day before the Pens were eliminated

"i am pretty sure pens will lose to washington finally
which sucks, because the ovechkin joke (white russian no cup) will end"

Not only did he predict the Caps beating the Pens, but he knew that Caps would probably win the cup.

Lot of sour derpy Pens fans on HF.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Just like we should when they will be within one game to the Lord Stanely? If it was reverse, this board would have acted same if not worse.

EDIT: with that being said, their board is my guilty pleasure now. Please, Caps, give me one more chance to go there and read all their angry posts. Praying...

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I'm going to try and get the spot by/under the tree on the northern corner of 7th & G.

Might bring a chair, but will def have a camo backpack wearing #92 t-shirt. Will be with 2 maidens...possibly getting handcuffed.

I know that spot well, the old OBA Bank. If you hear someone screaming STRIKE-ING DIST-ANCE it will likely be me. Drunk. I will likely wear my Kuzy 92 TShirt as well since it shant be hot and blue 511 shorts loaded with party supplies. I may only have 1 maiden in tow later on, and definitely a dude with me. My most caps obsessed friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad