Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Final G5: Caps Win! - Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Let's be reality. We were conditioned to losses. Heartbreaking and to the point it became predictable. Replays naturally bring out the old anxiety, and obviously - our "tearapy" was going nowhere.

tumblr_ni4dtxEp0J1sp9f4bo2_500.gif

Only a cup victory would start the healing, and was the best thing for all of us damaged goods.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I was going over the Caps cap space when I noticed that Jakub Vrana got a hefty bonus for winning the Cup.

Way to go Jakub!!!!

p.s. If I am reading CapGeek correctly I think he met all of his bonuses and got 600k!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I was going over the Caps cap space when I noticed that Jakub Vrana got a hefty bonus for winning the Cup.

Way to go Jakub!!!!

p.s. If I am reading CapGeek correctly I think he met all of his bonuses and got 600k!!!

That's awesome for JV, but does it have implications for the team's 18-19 cap number?

animositynow

Mar 4, 2012
is there anywhere I can watch the full game online still? just bored and want to actually watch the full game. mainly game 5 but any full game from the four wins in the final would be cool.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Did you guys know that EVERY Caps player who played at least three games scored a goal in the playoffs with the exception of Djoos?

Every player that played in the playoffs had at least one point, except Boyd and Gersich.

Ovechkin had at least three goals in all four series. Kuzy and Ovie were only held without a point in 5 of 24 games.

That kind of balance and consistency is how you FINALLY win the Stanley Cup.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Did you guys know that EVERY Caps player who played at least three games scored a goal in the playoffs with the exception of Djoos?

Every player that played in the playoffs had at least one point, except Boyd and Gersich.

Ovechkin had at least three goals in all four series. Kuzy and Ovie were only held without a point in 5 of 24 games.

That kind of balance and consistency is how you FINALLY win the Stanley Cup.
Good stuff. Let’s do it again! :D

Big Drama Show

Oct 5, 2016
is there anywhere I can watch the full game online still? just bored and want to actually watch the full game. mainly game 5 but any full game from the four wins in the final would be cool.
NHL app. I watched game 6 again over the weekend of the Tampa series (wow, what a masterpiece. dominated all phases). You can see all of the finals games again and any game from the season. Can also choose between the networks that did the broadcast - NBCSN, SN, CBC, or TVAS in French. I've had the app for the last 4 yrs and just re-up every Fall. Its pretty cheap and worth every penny IMO.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Here are all the goals:

You will have to research the rest, but they are out there.

Caps had an amazing run, which ending in the Great 8 Ovechkin hoisting the cup. Great to see with
all of the heartbreaks over the years, that the Caps beat the ghosts of playoffs past, and got it done.

Caps fans finally can call their team champs. Congrats to all long suffering Caps fans on their championship.
Great to see a living legend like Ovechkin, finally called a champion. He deserved that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->