Stanley Cup dream dilemma

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Captain Morgan all the way. You guys don't even respect the best D in the NHL this year. Sad

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
How about we win a series first before worrying about this ****

If I see Morgan getting passionate in the POs and getting in guys faces a bit etc, that's all I have to see. Guys been a beast.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
its been almost 3 years without a captain now. Which tells me that it doesn't matter if there is a captain or not. The team still operates, they are still winning, the fans are still showing, the games are still on TV, it has been business as usual for 3 years so why does it matter if they have a captain or don't have a captain? 3 years says it doesn't matter.

so why rock the boat here. Carry on without a captain, after all they haven't needed one since 2016 which means they clearly don't need one. why risk screwing up a good dressing room chemistry, especially when they don't need to?

Stacker29

Feb 17, 2015
Marleau all day every day.

The man has had a long career, and has waited the longest for this. He should hand it to Austin “The Next Captain” Matthews, who then hands it to John “I hate the Islanders” Tavares, who then hands it to Mitch “My dad thinks I’m cool” Marner, who then hands it to Morgan “My dad is a Saint” Rielly, who then hands it to William “Conn Smyth” Nylander.

Sorry for spoiling the future for you.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
It could be Par Lindholm for all I care. But if it did happen, it's going to be Marleau, JT or Rielly.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
The better question is “who will get all that extra playoff PP time with Komarov gone?”

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
its been almost 3 years without a captain now. Which tells me that it doesn't matter if there is a captain or not. The team still operates, they are still winning, the fans are still showing, the games are still on TV, it has been business as usual for 3 years so why does it matter if they have a captain or don't have a captain? 3 years says it doesn't matter.

so why rock the boat here. Carry on without a captain, after all they haven't needed one since 2016 which means they clearly don't need one. why risk screwing up a good dressing room chemistry, especially when they don't need to?

Lol.

They havent accomplished anything since 2016 - not sure why you are acting like they've been totally fine the past 2.5 seasons

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Lol.

They havent accomplished anything since 2016 - not sure why you are acting like they've been totally fine the past 2.5 seasons

they haven't accomplished anything.. except going from last place to first, signing matthews, tavares... the list goes on.. and all without a captain..uh huh..seems to me like they HAVE been totally fine the past 2.5 seasons without a "C"

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
they haven't accomplished anything.. except going from last place to first, signing matthews, tavares... the list goes on.. and all without a captain..uh huh..seems to me like they HAVE been totally fine the past 2.5 seasons without a "C"

Last to first? When were they ever "first", or best team in the NHL?

People need to relax here - this team has accomplished absolutely nothing so far

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
bud where have you been.. what league are you watching lol ??

Last edited:

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Last to first? When were they ever "first", or best team in the NHL?

People need to relax here - this team has accomplished absolutely nothing so far

Wow - high standards...

Last to playoffs in a year is pretty impressive.
Last to (currently) 2nd place in the league is pretty impressive.

That's hardly "absolutely nothing". In fact it's "really something".

We may not win this year (or any other year for that matter) but we are doing something exciting, and extraordinary and I'm not going to "relax" while that's going on. This is the most positive I've been about this team in 25 years or so. Maybe the most since.... they last won the cup.

Anyways back to the topic. I like the idea of giving the honour to Marleau, or even Tavares for their seniority. But it really is Matthews' team, and he should get it.

Nice dream to have, nice problem to have.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Pure coincidence, when did they get to first?

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
they were in 1st on at least one occasion this season but sorry i'm not nerdy enough to actually go look it up, maybe that's a job for you? i'll wait ;)

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
they were in 1st on at least one occasion this season but sorry i'm not nerdy enough to actually go look it up, maybe that's a job for you? i'll wait ;)

While I think you've got the right attitude, I did a quick google and found they were in 1st place on Nov. 17, 20 games in, almost a quarter way into the season. We were T1 in late October.

Game Centre: Rielly's OT winner means Leafs sweep California | The Star

I would have thought that most fans would remember that we'd been in first. At least in general, not the specific game numbers or dates.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Wow - high standards...

Last to playoffs in a year is pretty impressive.
Last to (currently) 2nd place in the league is pretty impressive.

That's hardly "absolutely nothing". In fact it's "really something".

We may not win this year (or any other year for that matter) but we are doing something exciting, and extraordinary and I'm not going to "relax" while that's going on. This is the most positive I've been about this team in 25 years or so. Maybe the most since.... they last won the cup.

Anyways back to the topic. I like the idea of giving the honour to Marleau, or even Tavares for their seniority. But it really is Matthews' team, and he should get it.

Nice dream to have, nice problem to have.

Ya well,,,, we might be the first team in history that has to dilute it's roster due to contract demands before it has even won a round in the playoffs, let alone a cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->