Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Champs at other team in Colorado. No oshie, no kuzy oh my

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Nicky's game-winning dart last night reminded me of a goal he scored vs the Thrashers late in 2007-08, when the Caps needed a comeback win late in the 3rd to stay in the playoff race. Same shot - just a quick release rip upstairs (it starts at about 2:20 of the clip below). His wrister was always overshadowed by Ovie's prowess and Semin's amazing wrist shot - but Nicky has a lethal wrist shot that just seems to get more dangerous because goalies are even less convinced now than they were 10 years ago that he'll actually shoot.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Nicky's game-winning dart last night reminded me of a goal he scored vs the Thrashers late in 2007-08, when the Caps needed a comeback win late in the 3rd to stay in the playoff race. Same shot - just a quick release rip upstairs (it starts at about 2:20 of the clip below). His wrister was always overshadowed by Ovie's prowess and Semin's amazing wrist shot - but Nicky has a lethal wrist shot that just seems to get more dangerous because goalies are even less convinced now than they were 10 years ago that he'll actually shoot.

I remember that goal well, it was one of the biggest in that amazing run to the playoffs. Didn't they go down early in that game?

That's my second favorite Caps season of all time after 2018. 1998 is third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->