SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Expected loss.

Hopefully Kuzy is okay.

Hopefully Holts is fine.

Hopefully Oshie is okay

Hopefully the PP can actually get out of their funk

Hopefully the PK doesn’t continue to be one of worst in league.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The commentator said Carlson deflected the gwg but it didn't look like it on the replay.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Played well last night. Continued the strong play in the first tonight despite no Kempny or Holts. Kuzy injury after just getting 43 back seemed to take some wind out of their sails. Then fatigue got the better of them.

Really hope Oshie is okay.

Rest up and take it out on Gruby on Friday. ;)

Reactions: BackToTheBasics

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Good loss, so to speak.

Hopefully, none of our injured guys are out long term. We lost a lot of bodies in one day.

I like the way Winnipeg plays the game. Rough, physical, fast. No complaints.

Reactions: calicapsfan

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
:eek: I mistakenly posted this in Jets page...

I literally felt that coming. Don't post this often but I thought they'd score the 2nd half of the 3rd (thus my previous post) :thumbd:

Let's tie it up !

what happened to Kuzy? saw Oshie injury looked like a concussion

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Like the attitude in here.

Jets are coming off of scoring 10 goals in their past two, Caps did a good job for a depleted team, of containing. Hellebuyck was the difference.

Just hoping for health for Kuzy and Oshie.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
A lot of good and a lot of bad tonight.

Good:
- the team played well overall, put themselves in a position to at least get a point.
- Bura played well! But he didn't seem to get much ice time.
- 3 young D, but only 2 GAA before pulling the goalie against an offensive team.
- When Kuzy went down everyone else seemed to step up. Ovie skated harder than he has since the playoffs.

Bad:
- That GWG. Copley played great through two, but that second goal for WPG shouldn't have happened.
- Ovie on the PP - they got him a ton of open shots early, but he couldn't get it done. An ultra rare complaint about Ovie's PP game.
- Injuries. Kuzy, no! Holtby, oh crap! And now Oshie? Damn.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think it’s safe to say that we are missing Orpik on the PK

Maybe missing him on the PK but even strength defense has been outstanding for several games now, even with 3 kids in there. Siegs and Bowey both look like NHLrs, good sign. That GWG wasn't really a defensive breakdown, just a fluke deflection softy. The team defense looks better because of two things: The forwards have reengaged a 200 foot game, and the turnovers are much more rare and not as costly as that dreadful stretch. Both good signs for the rest of the season.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
For those being negative on Copley with 2nd Jets goal, just stop it! Carlson did the cardinal sin as a defenseman and put his stick out on edge to deflect the shot. The shot deflected off of the stick heel and knuckled in on Copley. A normal spinning puck shot would be an easy glove save for any goalie. This shot knuckled and dipped under Copley's glove. In a split second, he had no other option. The only way any goalie would have stopped that, was to play it with a half butterfly technique and your goalie stick ready to stretch across towards your left side. Maybe a more experienced goalie would have attempted to save that split second knuckle shot just a bit differently.

Reactions: traparatus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad