Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cap Champs vs The 'thankyou Vegas' Winnipeg Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Caps last 3 loses have been due to special teams play, where the PP has been almost 0 and the PK is still giving up goals that end up being the difference. When Orpik comes back, the PK better shape up or a trade will be needed to try to help it! Also, the PP is becoming too stationary again. More movement with interchanging positions, quicker passes, more shots, are needed!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t this same road trip the turning point last season? They got clobbered by COL and then has the meeting... Hopefully they don’t get embarrassed like that this time, but there’s clearly some adversity so maybe it’s a trigger again. So long as the injuries aren’t too serious, of course.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
f*** the loss, why did no one answer the bell for the blatant head shot to our best all around player? Is Wilson that leashed right now? Somebody should have rang the f***ing bell for Tanev if he wanted it or not. Connolly got smoked, Oshie got smoked...not happy we bent over and took it on the physical side tonight. The loss is an afterthought. We were playing a contender and we should have matched their intensity.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Who’s ready for the DoPS to drop the ball as usual? That is the easiest 3 gsme suspenion to call on Tanev right? Avoidable, lead with the elbow that was high and out to start and made most head contact. 1+ game for the elbow and potential 2 more for injury right?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
For those being negative on Copley with 2nd Jets goal, just stop it! Carlson did the cardinal sin as a defenseman and put his stick out on edge to deflect the shot. The shot deflected off of the stick heel and knuckled in on Copley. A normal spinning puck shot would be an easy glove save for any goalie. This shot knuckled and dipped under Copley's glove. In a split second, he had no other option. The only way any goalie would have stopped that, was to play it with a half butterfly technique and your goalie stick ready to stretch across towards your left side. Maybe a more experienced goalie would have attempted to save that split second knuckle shot just a bit differently.
Im not sure it was deflected. On the replay it doesnt look like it touched Carlsons stick.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Caps last 3 loses have been due to special teams play, where the PP has been almost 0 and the PK is still giving up goals that end up being the difference. When Orpik comes back, the PK better shape up or a trade will be needed to try to help it! Also, the PP is becoming too stationary again. More movement with interchanging positions, quicker passes, more shots, are needed!
I dont think making a trade will help this pk. This is more about the system than personnel.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The Tanev play baffles me. I can't believe they only called a 2 minute penalty on that hit and I can't believe the NHL has a 2 minute penalty for a hit to the head. For all the talk about player safety and headshots that seems a bit unacceptable. A headshot is a headshot regardless and Tanev should have been tossed

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ok we need a list of new age punks that need to be shown that they need to respect the champs

Tanev
Morrissey

are the latest additions.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Wilson’s fantasy trucking list!

Fantasy indeed. He can't safely hit anyone right now. He needs to bide his time and see how things are being called on him, and again, find new ways to hit.

Is it possible to buttcheck truck someone? If so, I am sure he will be suspended.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I dont think making a trade will help this pk. This is more about the system than personnel.

They did tweak the PK system a little bit to make it more aggressive in harassing puck handlers out wide, but its also true that they haven't had their top PK players on the ice for a single game yet, so I'd give it more time before abandoning the system.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Bleh, i don't mind losing it as that's propably the toughest fixture on their schedule this season but they could very well walk away with 2 concussions to 2 star players, whereas DoPS will likely drop the ball again because it's the Capitals who employ the big bad Wilson. Parros has propably had his phone ringing the entire morning about these incidents and won't even proceed to look at these.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The Tanev play baffles me. I can't believe they only called a 2 minute penalty on that hit and I can't believe the NHL has a 2 minute penalty for a hit to the head. For all the talk about player safety and headshots that seems a bit unacceptable. A headshot is a headshot regardless and Tanev should have been tossed
Lol Ive used that line that a headshot is a headshot. They should be treated the same but they are not. This one got 2 mins. Probably nothing more. The Malkin hit on Oshie was 5 but no suspension. 9 out of 10 headshots dont get suspended. But iut it's Wilson its 20 games.
BTW that 9 out if 10 comment was just an estimate. I think that might actually be low. There have been a lot of headshots and very few suspensions.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Bleh, i don't mind losing it as that's propably the toughest fixture on their schedule this season but they could very well walk away with 2 concussions to 2 star players, whereas DoPS will likely drop the ball again because it's the Capitals who employ the big bad Wilson. Parros has propably had his phone ringing the entire morning about these incidents and won't even proceed to look at these.
I'm not really upset about this loss either. It was a tough game. Very good team at the back end of a b2b. First time Copley played a b2b because of the mysterious Holtby injury. I thought we played decent but ran out of gas.
I'm more concerned about the injuries to Kuzy and Oshie.
I didnt mention Kempny not playing because I thought we were better without him.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Morrissey will have a hearing for the Oshie slam, so at least that is something.

That's a start. But on the replay you can see the ref looking directly at the play ... no way the takedown doesn't qualify as interference, at a minimum. Obviously, nothing called.

Since we haven't heard anything about Tanev, does that mean he doesn't receive any supplemental discipline for what he did? DOPES indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad