OT: Stand Up Comedy

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
dane cook needs to be on this list. He's the nickleback of comedians

You know, I don't hate Dane Cook as much as it seems popular to hate him these days...

I mean, I don't like him, either. He's absolutely overrated, yes. I'm not a fan. But to me he's just an average comedian with a knack for making money. I can't hate the guy, as much as I don't think he's nearly as funny as his bank account would suggest. He's just "a guy" to me.

Now, my top 5, those comedians just get me angry thinking about how criminally un-funny they are. Like, I start to get itchy just thinking about having to watch them for any extended period of time. Dane Cook, he's not good enough for me to really want to watch his stuff, but so bad that I can't just ignore it.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
My hatred of Dane Cook has little to do with how popular it is.

Unrelated: I've laughed pretty hard at some Jon Dore and Mark Forward stuff, too.

Last edited:

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Some great mentions here that I totally forgot about myself. Thanks to everyone who mentioned them. I simply love Norm Macdonald, who makes his material funnier just by being so 'Norm.' I only saw one Hannibal Buress show, but I found him really funny. John Dore I extremely disliked for his show on the Comedy Network, but I became a fan once I saw his standup.

Saw Bill Hicks mentioned. I have a lot of respect for him and his material, but I never found it very funny. It's almost too thoughtful to be funny, even though I would enjoy what he says. Whereas with Carlin I end up laughing my ass off either way.

And Bonktastic, your least favourites list is incredible. +1000

Berserker*

I hope I'm not breaking the news to you, but did you hear Patrice died recently? Quite sad. Tragic, like Mitch Hedberg before him.

Ya, it is pretty sad. Patrice was just starting to enter his peak. If he was still alive, he would likely be a much more reputable comedian at this point.

Berserker*

It isn't stand up comedy, but I find Zach Galifiankis's "Between two Ferns" skits pretty damn funny. Here are a couple clips:

Berserker*

Top 5 LEAST favorite "popular" comedians:
1) Jeff Dunham

2) Russel Brand
3) Larry the Cable Guy
4) Carlos Mencia
5) Jeff Dunham again

Didn't Carlos Mencia just steal all of his jokes from other comedians?

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
You guys should check out Billy Wayne Davis and Ron Funches. They're two comedians out of the Northwest that are going to be huge soon and they're two of the best I've watched live. Ron Funches' poetry joke is one of the best things I've ever seen. And you can find Billy Wayne on Pandora.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Perhaps John Pinette? He's pretty funny and has a few specials going

Yes! Thank you. Ironically, I saw his name last night and it triggered my memory. LOL

Also, I'd like to second (third? fourth? 27th?) Amy Schumer. She wasn't that great when she was on Last Comic Standing I didn't find, but she is certainly much funnier now.

And Russell Peters used to be hilarious, but I find now that he is not original, mostly just recycles past stuff. I do like how he can manage to mercilessly mock pretty much every race on the planet, yet offend none of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad