OT: Stand Up Comedy

Berserker*

I don't know how many people on here are fans of stand up comedy, but I figured I would make a thread where people can post comedy clips from Youtube and just talk comedians in general.

Here is Patrice O"Neal's Mr. P special. As a warning, this content can be fairly crude and vulgar at times, so if you aren't into that kind of comedy, or are simply not in an appropriate place to listen to that humor, don't click on the link.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I have a buddy who has done a few stand up amateur nights at Yuk Yuks.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Norm Macdonald and Louis CK are two of my favorite standups. I've seen some decent people live, this past year I saw Amy Schumer, Paul Scheer, and Gilbert Gottfried and all were pretty damn funny. Saw Patton Oswalt about a year ago too and some other people at the comedy cellar over many years like Jim Norton, Patrice O'Neal, Colin Quinn, Dmetri Martin, and some others I can't even remember at this time.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I don't know how many people on here are fans of stand up comedy, but I figured I would make a thread where people can post comedy clips from Youtube and just talk comedians in general.

Here is Patrice O"Neal's Mr. P special. As a warning, this content can be fairly crude and vulgar at times, so if you aren't into that kind of comedy, or are simply not in an appropriate place to listen to that humor, don't click on the link.

I hope I'm not breaking the news to you, but did you hear Patrice died recently? Quite sad. Tragic, like Mitch Hedberg before him.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
Chelsea Peretti, John Mulaney, Moshe Kasher, Amy Schumer, Anthony Jeselnik, Dmitri Martin, Morgan Murphy, don't like Nick Kroll stand up as much but I like everything else he does.

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
+1 on Carlin and Louis CK, and here's one more: Eddie Izzard. His Death Star Canteen bit always gets me, especially the Lego version:

TheOriginalSilf*

My top 3 of all-time:

1. Louis CK
2. George Carlin
3. Daniel Tosh

And now to shamelessly promote of one my friends, Greg Kashmanian...

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
George Carlin is the obvious GOAT, but its deserved. His bitter, depressing, yet funny… for some reason material is gold.

Obviously half of his stuff is about religion, but it doesn't hurt that I agree with him there. I can see why lots of people would be repulsed by him though, which I guess is sort of the point haha.

Also, if you guys have Netflix you should watch Joe Rogan's stand up special (yes THAT Joe Rogan…UFC, fear factor, etc). I have watched it a couple times over the years and it still makes me laugh more than anything I've ever seen outside of one of Jim Gaffigan's(sp?) specials. You wouldn't know hes funny, or even does stand up, but hes actually really good imo.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Louie CK is up there as one of my favourites. Enjoy Robin Williams, Lewis Black, Daniel Tosh, Donald Glover, Chris Rock, Mitch Hedberg, Jeremy Hotz, Dave Chappelle, Zach Galifanakis, Russell Peters, Gerry Dee, Jon Pinette. Way too many good comics out there.

Carlin, I've got a mixed opinion on him. His old stuff is hit and miss for me. His newest stuff is hit or miss depending on how cynical I'm feeling.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Some of my faves

George Carlin. (greatest ever)
Eddie Izzard. (hilarious if you can get past his wardrobe)
Gilbert Gottfried. (so obnoxious it's funny)
Mitch Hedberg. (R.I.P.)
Dylan Moran. (pretty sure he's drunk 24/7)

Emo Phillips is a great joke writer, but his persona is painful to listen to.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Bill Burr needs more love in this thread. If you like Louis CK and Patrice O'Neal you'll love Bill Burr.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Eddie Izard +1, George Carlin +1

Steve Martin's "Comedy Is Not Pretty" and "Let's Get Small"

I caught Russel Peters at Yuk Yuks before he released his first album. That was funny stuff. His new jokes all seem recycled now, though.

Dennis Leary, "No Cure For Cancer"

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
No Doug Stanhope fans in here? He's one of my favs.

Also like

Dave Chappelle
Joe Rogan
Daniel Tosh
Louis CK
Chris Rock
Norm MacDonald
Nick Swardson

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Maria Bamford is probably my all-time favourite.

The rest, in no order:

Amy Schumer (I was the butt end of about five of her jokes one night at Juste Pour Rire, hilarious... never been redder)
Doug Benson
Chris Hardwick
Pete Holmes
TJ Miller
Marc Maron
Paul F. Tompkins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad