Stan Mikita RIP

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
A true legend. Always remember meeting him as a kid. Nicest man, great with the kids. Glad he was able to be a part of the 2010 celebration

Reactions: BrianE

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I have to think Stan Mikita is the greatest Hawk of all time. He played and worked for no one else in hockey but the Hawks. He also lived and built his businesses in Chicago.

Stan Mikita is literally the human embodiment of the Chicago Blackhawks.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I'm so freaking young so I really don't have emotional bond to these true Hawks legends, but Stan Mikita was easily the guy which interests me the most. I have read so many articles and other stuff about him so I basically want to think I know him as a player and human at least by little.

Hopefully guys who saw him live as a player or get to know him in person shares some stories. Highly, really highly appreciated.

Rest in peace #21. The greatest Blackhawk and nobody is ever going to take that away from you.

Reactions: plank and BrianE

CapitalistInfidel

Jan 7, 2013
Met him at a charity golf event at Butler. I was in his foursome and as I looked at him I thought what great shape he was in (this was 1990) As everyone knows he's short and rather thin. At the time my handicap was 8 and I thought I was all that. I was going to take Stan down! Then he tee'd off on the first hole and I hung my head in shame realizing I wasn't even in his league. I still have the scorecard, he shot a 78 and I was nipping on his heels with a fabulous round of 91

Reactions: Krivo25 and BrianE

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I met Stan at an NHL golf tournament. He was a heck of a golfer and a very funny guy. I remember when Bobby Hull came within earshot of him and he mimicked an admiring fan - in a high voice he said "Oh look it's Bobby Hull". He played in Hull's shadow and always held his own, usually finishing with more points than the Golden Jet. What a playmaker he was.
RIP Stan.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
RIP #21 STAN MIKITA .Thoughts and prayers to his family and friend.I had the privilege to meet Stan at the opening of Air Canada Center when the maple leafs hosted the blackhawks .He was very humble and genuine.He was a great ambassador for the blackhawks .Proud to represent the blackhawks and he did that very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad