Celebrity Death: Stan Lee

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I expect applause for the in memory card at the end of both Captain Marvel and Avengers 4.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Anyone who says Stan Lee didn't have some kind of impact on their life is lying. Even if you're not directly into comic books or comic book movies or anything, the reach that his creations have had in pop culture in general is immeasurable and irreplaceable. Even if it's just a thing that was inspired by its creators' love of comics as a kid, a debt is still owed to the incomparable genius that Stan represented and the enduring nature of everything he had a hand in creating. If not for Stan Lee, there'd be an entire corner of our collective consciousness that just wouldn't be the same.

Someone, I think Josh Brolin, said that the trio that shaped him was Dr Seuss, Stan Lee, and Ray Bradbury. So it seems only fitting to close with an applicable Suess quote:

Don't cry because it's over. Be happy because it happened.

Excelsior.

I can say Stan Lee did not have impact on my life as I didn't have comics growing up or care for super hero's

George Romero, Stephen King , John Carpenter , Tom Savini , etc have had more an impact on my life

Last edited:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I can say Stan Lee did not have impact on my life as I didn't have comics growing up or care for super hero's

George Savini , Stephen King , John Carpenter , Tom Savini , etc have had more an impact on my life

I can say all of this sentiment and echo these names as well. Although I'll throw in Lucio Fulci in the pile too especially for me.

Who'se George Savini? :laugh: I assume you meant George A. Romero.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Stan Lee affected so many of us, who formed our idea of morality with so much input from Spider-man, whether from the comics or the original cartoon series. Peter Parker was someone to emulate, whether it was working through money problems or doing the right thing, making the right choices.

Have to agree with Armie Hammer about the self-obsessed celebrities whose way to "honour" Stan Lee was to post a selfie they took with him. Totally classless of these people, and it's not a shock that others just took shots at him instead of reflecting on their own shallowness. Oh well. Social media is a cesspool, probably best to stay away anyways.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I can say all of this sentiment and echo these names as well. Although I'll throw in Lucio Fulci in the pile too especially for me.

Who'se George Savini? :laugh: I assume you meant George A. Romero.

Yep my bad

Originally was going to go George Romero + Tom Savini back to back and instead just combined George/Tom then listed Tom again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->