Celebrity Death: Stan Lee

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
RIP to a true icon of American pop culture.

detail.jpg

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I can't believe you're the first person to post about this icon passing away. May he live on in our childrens hearts forever.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Must be a record for number of people posting a thread on the same topic within seconds of each other. I counted 13 before they got closed an merge I think.
Something was wrong with the site where threads weren't showing I think. I kept refreshing and scratching my head cause nobody had made one.

Anyway R.I.P. to the legend. Going to miss looking for his cameos in the alk the movies.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Something was wrong with the site where threads weren't showing I think. I kept refreshing and scratching my head cause nobody had made one.

Anyway R.I.P. to the legend. Going to miss looking for his cameos in the alk the movies.

Yeah, I had the same thing happen, too.

I have fond memories of reading Stan's Soapbox on the letters page in the back of comics back in the late 70s and 80s.

Excelsior, no more.:(

Reactions: Dexter Sinister

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
I was having a horrible day healthwise and a case I was trying was going poorly due to an error made by a clerk of the court. Due to his crimes against Jack Kirby, this is a ray of sunshine in a bad day. Google it if you don't know to what I'm referring.

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
I was having a horrible day healthwise and a case I was trying was going poorly due to an error made by a clerk of the court. Due to his crimes against Jack Kirby, this is a ray of sunshine in a bad day. Google it if you don't know to what I'm referring.

I'll bet when you were studying Hamlet in high school, you were a big fan of Gertrude.

No fan needs reminding of the complicated history between Kirby and Lee. And those that have come to know Stan Lee through the MCU could probably do without it as well.

Especially not on the day of...Sweet Christmas.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Nothing about that situation merits celebration or joy over the man's death, but you do you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->