Stan Kasten to the rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

likea

Jul 9, 2004
wow, if this actually would happen....(which it def will not)....how do you think the votes would turn out on each groups recent proposal

I think the owners vote would prob go

24-6 against

and the players would go (700 members is # I am using)

300-400 against

now if the NHL would drop the rollbacks I really think it would change the thinking on the players side of things

but each of the lastest proposals would still be voted down almost for certain

the only reason I think alot of players would vote yes on the last proposal is because how the NHL set up the roll backs

350 of those players would not be taking a paycut at all

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
its a great idea. however, i think goodenow would never go for it because he knows the players would be more easily swayed. the owners, in contrast, are unwavering in their support for a cap. nonetheless, its good to see some people are starting to step up. before a season is cancelled, i would beg for and would love to see open lines of communication between both parties. these guys need to get rid of all mistrust. unfortunately, i think the owners have too many skeletons in the closet that they'd rather not want to reveal.

currently, im a person with no life right now. i'm not that big of a loser because i do have friends i can hang out with if choose to. but hockey is my real passion. to a great fault, i obssess over it. i feel a big void without it. if i were to meet an owner, player, bettman or goodenow, i would plead with them to talk. im exactly like that fat guy in the molson commercial (minus the heavy weight) :) .

if there's anyone out there who can listen and do something about it...please bring hockey back. :cry:

do you really want to hurt me?
do you really want to make me cry?

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Makes me wonder if I should care about the NHL when its owners and players obviously do not.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Basically what Kasten is trying to do is show how there is a very silent majority of players who are not favoring this situation. Very smart. No wonder why Goodenow said no.

copperandblue

Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
HungryforHockey25 said:
NHL already dismissed it, per USA Today. :banghead:

The ESPN posting of this story suggests that it is more a case of timing to get it done in an attempt to save this season than dismissing it out of hand.

From the article;

"Daly did say, however, that the NHL asked for the opportunity to address the players and the union declined the offer. He also said that if Goodenow wanted to address the board of governors, the league would provide him that platform."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1965620

Not that it changes the outcome but I figured I would offer it up....

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
copperandblue said:
The ESPN posting of this story suggests that it is more a case of timing to get it done in an attempt to save this season than dismissing it out of hand.

From the article;

"Daly did say, however, that the NHL asked for the opportunity to address the players and the union declined the offer. He also said that if Goodenow wanted to address the board of governors, the league would provide him that platform."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1965620

Not that it changes the outcome but I figured I would offer it up....

Goodenow must think the players will get duped by the owners (insulting the players intelligence) or that too many players will understand the league's position (lack of solidarity). No wonder why he would not let this happen.

MmmBacon

Dec 2, 2004
I'm not really sure what that proposal would accomplish. Isn't the NHL Board of Governors comprised of six hard-line owners? No amount of talking is going to change their minds. It's the equivalent of talking to the NHLPA executive committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad