Stan Fishler.. What A Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

GODARD49

Jan 27, 2005
Stan Fischler
They fooled you again!

Jul 08, 2005

Here’s the story you don’t want to hear – and I don’t want to tell.

But, in all honesty, I have no choice.

The fact is you – the hockey fans – have been fooled again.

“NHL DEAL IS ALL BUT DONE†screamed one headline.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
GODARD49 said:
Stan Fischler
They fooled you again!

Jul 08, 2005

Here’s the story you don’t want to hear – and I don’t want to tell.

But, in all honesty, I have no choice.

The fact is you – the hockey fans – have been fooled again.

“NHL DEAL IS ALL BUT DONE†screamed one headline.

Here is the link: http://msgnetwork.com/content_news....oup=columnist.article&team=&sports=ice-hockey.

Fischler is a tool, especially considering that Elliott basically confirmed that her source(s) is/are on the league side. There goes his article, which is an attack on NHLPA leaks.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Both sides in the lockout have their respective shills in the media only telling their side of the story. Unfortunately on this board only one side ever gets criticized for it, and it`s not the side Fischler`s on.

BTW, has anyone ever proven that the NHLPA planted the stories in the media that he alluded to. Any specific names? Any proof at all?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Wow, are they all like this (this is the first Fischler article I've read)?

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
norrisnick said:
Wow, are they all like this (this is the first Fischler article I've read)?
I don't know if he is quite as bad as a Strachan or Brooks on the PA side. I'd say he's like an owners side version of Dowbiggen. Not much better now that I think of it. :confused:

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
The comparison to Dowbiggin is rather fair. Fischler was accused of recycling an old quote and passing it off as a newer one, and got caught, while Dowbiggin was accused of plagarism, and got caught.

Though I do have a very hard time believing that overall, Fischler is as incompetent as Bruce "I know the CBA and the Flames need to qualify Iginla at $8.25 million" Dowbiggin is. However, I ignore Fischler and his pro-owner tripe as completely as I do the pro-player tripe of Dowbiggin, Brooks, and Spector.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
He's the worst.

Brooks might be completely pro-PA, but at least he has his facts straight and has been the first to come out with details a lot of times. Fischler is just an ass, who not only is so completely pro-nhl that he doesn't even make sense, but he also gets a lot of things wrong...and even uses Eklund as his source sometimes.

SPARTAKUS*

Stan Fischler doesn't have a clue. Hey Stan go cover figure skating in leave us hockey fans alone please!!! His obsession with BG is unhealthy and sad really. Stan my man take a depth breath and repeat after me "the lockout is over, BG can't hurt us anymore."

blamebettman*

Fischler is right, a player I spoke through the other day that any comment made to the press (avery, iginla) are being planted there for a reason. Goodenow is still in command and this deal has no chance of passing.

it won't be the first time Goodenow pretended to be fired either, the owners just took the bait again.

it is a pressure tactic by the PA, if they don't get the points they want on this draft, it won't even make it to ratification.

A Good Flying Bird*

nyr7andcounting said:
He's the worst.

Brooks might be completely pro-PA, but at least he has his facts straight and has been the first to come out with details a lot of times. Fischler is just an ass, who not only is so completely pro-nhl that he doesn't even make sense, but he also gets a lot of things wrong...and even uses Eklund as his source sometimes.

Fischler was truly a power player in the NHL back in the corrupt days of Zeigler and Eagleson.
He's got no credibility whatsoever.

SPARTAKUS*

blamebettman said:
Fischler is right, a player I spoke through the other day that any comment made to the press (avery, iginla) are being planted there for a reason. Goodenow is still in command and this deal has no chance of passing.

it won't be the first time Goodenow pretended to be fired either, the owners just took the bait again.

it is a pressure tactic by the PA, if they don't get the points they want on this draft, it won't even make it to ratification.
Man it must be nice living in fantasy land. If you want to believe that that's your business. But you're wrong the deal is done the players are going to ratify it and the lockout will be over.

You're gonna have to come to the realization that the war is over sorry it's time to come back to reallity. BG has lost deal with it.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
blamebettman said:

ok :loony:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
OTTSENS said:
Man it must be nice living in fantasy land. If you want to believe that that's your business. But you're wrong the deal is done the players are going to ratify it and the lockout will be over.

You're gonna have to come to the realization that the war is over sorry it's time to come back to reallity. BG has lost deal with it.
this post would apply 5 months ago.

tmangos

Jul 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Throughout this lockout after reading his articles, I always thought he should change his nickname. Instead of being known as "The Hockey Maven", he should be known as "The Hockey Ravin'" (as in "Ravin' Lunatic") ...

pens66

blamebettman said:

It's always the same thing with these people. " Bla Bla Bla, a player I spoke to told me this, bla bla bla." "Bla Bla Bla, a league official I spoke to told me this, bla bla bla". These people have no credibility whatsoever, say who your sources are or don't post anything. :loony: :loony: :loony:

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
He is an absolut moron and I never have believed one of his exagerated rants before and I never will.

That being said, I do have a problem in the back of my head about what he's saying. I absolutly believe the fact that the PA might be trying to get a leg up on the NHL by pumping up the fact that it might be done to the media lately. BUT I don't believe it's over, say, 20% of the actual CBA. It's probably over some BS aspects that would make the PA feel a little better about getting killed this time. If what he says is really true tho, I will put my fist through the nearest wall wondering why I bothered getting excited for the league to be back.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
nyr7andcounting said:
He's the worst.

Facts like "The NHLPA will never accept a cap. Never"?

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Resolute said:
Facts like "The NHLPA will never accept a cap. Never"?

That was an opinion shared by many people. You're not seperating fact from opinion. Brooks' opinions might be a little crazy, but his facts about the CBA and his sources have been dead on.

cecilnyr

Jun 28, 2005
If you think reading Fischler's drivel is bad....try watching him in between periods of a Devils or Islanders game....He's even more repulsive and brutal (if that's possible)

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
"Stan Fishler.. What A Tool"

lol, is the nhl's media monkey losing cred here too ???

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
blamebettman said:

Oh please do you actually believe that garabage? There is no way Iggy said the players were sorry was a planted statement what a stupid comment.

This thing is over and will be Ratified, I would bet big $$$$$$$.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
nyrmessier011 said:
That was an opinion shared by many people. You're not seperating fact from opinion. Brooks' opinions might be a little crazy, but his facts about the CBA and his sources have been dead on.

Brooks is more than a little crazy, as for his facts most of it is total BS. Sure he gets some interesting facts but so do allot of other media guys. Brooks is a total TOOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->