Stan Fischler:The War Is Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
My sources tell me that next Monday (July 11) an ownership Executive Committee meeting will be convened in New York by commissioner Gary Bettman.

At that time, seven or eight of the executive committee members will prepare the final collective bargaining agreement document for presentation to the 30 owners later in the week for final ratification.

Although some big market teams may be unhappy with aspects of the completed CBA, all 30 are expected to approve the pact.

In addition, it must be approved by the NHL Players' Association membership. If all plans jell, ratification is possible by the middle of next week or the following week at the latest.

http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_n...ticle&sports=ice-hockey&team=other&league=nhl

:clap:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
A meeting (on a monday) to present the completed CBA means it's done this week (read within the next 3 days).

I was under the impression that everyone was well aware that the ratification process would take a week or so following the actual completion of the document.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Hold up a second, if they are meeting for ratification next week apparently, then they would announce a completed CBA to the public before that wouldn't they?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
struckmatch said:
Hold up a second, if they are meeting for ratification next week apparently, then they would announce a completed CBA to the public before that wouldn't they?

I would think. Friday, Sat, or Sunday probably. (If what he said holds truth)

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
sounds like "deal in principle," but they just don't want to publicly announce it to me. maybe they are really concerned about the NHLPA shooting this thing down or something?

or maybe no one really knows what is going on...

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
struckmatch said:

No they wouldn't. Why bother announce it if it's possible it will be shot down?

Until its officially the new CBA, nothing will be officially announced..

Roger's Pancreas*

Dan Galvin said:
Everything has a different date. This has been really really frustrating. I wish we wouldn't hear anything until it was completed.

No kidding. But then again we've waited 293 days so another week wouldn't hurt that much.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Scugs said:
No they wouldn't. Why bother announce it if it's possible it will be shot down?

Until its officially the new CBA, nothing will be officially announced..
Oh you bet your ass Gary would let it be known a finished CBA is out there. There is no chance in hell the owners shoot it down and if Gary announces a deal and the players shoot it down?? There go the last remnants of fans that supported the union in this mess. Announcing the deal would practically force the union to accept it because they'd never live down voting against it.

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
norrisnick said:
Oh you bet your ass Gary would let it be known a finished CBA is out there. There is no chance in hell the owners shoot it down and if Gary announces a deal and the players shoot it down?? There go the last remnants of fans that supported the union in this mess. Announcing the deal would practically force the union to accept it because they'd never live down voting against it.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

KOVALEV10*

Panasonic Youth said:
No kidding. But then again we've waited 293 days so another week wouldn't hurt that much.

Hey if we've waited 293 days then one week means it'll be exactly 300 days. Maybe that's what they're rooting for or something? :dunno:

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
norrisnick said:

Unless the NHLPA asked for some kind of clause, or just a favour while negotiating to avoid such a thing.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Scugs said:
Unless the NHLPA asked for some kind of clause, or just a favour while negotiating to avoid such a thing.

I don't think it's possible to keep 700+ union members and 30 ownership groups silent through the ratification process anyway, so they might as well announce it directly.

pens66

Stan Fischler is not really a credible source. He has lost his touch over the past few years.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
They may not have a press conference to announce it, but I'm positive it would come out thorugh several sources that a deal in principle had been reached and it was now just pending ratification.

MontrealCruiser_83*

Guys, remember when the recent NBA CBA deal was announced? The actual paperwork wasn't completed until 6-7 days after the news became public and headlines definitively read "NBA agrees with PA". Expect something in the Thursday-Monday range in terms of when TSN, RDS, Sportsnet, ESPN (if they still care), The Score, etc... will run the major story. All the details of the CBA will be available to the public by Monday.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Fischler has no more idea what's going on than anybody else does. Probably less, judging by his track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->