Stan Bowman thread (mod warning post 965)

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Yeah well....

Seabrook earned that contract. Maybe Wirtz didn't want to pay out back in the days because nobody brought him a Cup....nah, he was cheap, but still.. Seabrook deserves every single penny of that contract. There isn't a single person who can convince me the core four don't deserve to have their contracts or retire as Hawks.

They take up cap? You work around it. Stan did that during the summer. It isn't Stan's fault this team doesn't have the drive or desire to win, it's the coach
I am not a Seabrook hater at all, in fact I hate the insulting of the guy. Look at pictures of him 5 or 6 years ago. He is exactly the same but some think he just overeats and is out of shape. Its BS. But saying he deserved an 8 year extension and that AAV up to age 39 is a bit too over the top. No one would have moaned at a 4 year extension at that AAV but you could see before that contract was offered he was slowing down. You could tell he would hit the wall fast. He was never a fast skater but as he aged you could see the guy would slow way down. its a terrible situation they are stuck with.

Thing about the Seabrook contract is it was unnecessary. He was probably pinching himself when Bowman put it front of him. I get what he meant to 3 cups but Patrick Sharp was equally as important to those cup teams. Hammer as well. Both those guys for cap purposes were dumped to the curb. If you offered the 4 year deal and he went out and found a better one so be it, just like Sharpie you are forced with a hard cap to move on.

Some say the contract wasn’t Bowman’s fault, like there is some kind of info out there it came from up top and Bowman didn’t want to do it. I personally don’t buy it.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
No one defended themselves. They asked you to prove your stupid statement. Surprise... you couldn't. No one needs to defend themselves against something that was never said. Reading is hard.
your inability to put responsibility on bowmans shoulders. first its Qs fault, then its the stars fault, even tho kane and toews had career years. then you say bowman had a great offseason and that this team will be a playoff team. then this year starts and then its toews and kanes fault because the role players are playing better than the starters. then kane plays like an mvp again so it's all toews fault.. oh now debrincat isnt scoring so thats another pass bowman is gonna get..i'm sure now its starting to become collitons fault, and then next its gonna be the zamboni drivers fault... anyone but Stanley's fault.. just 3 years of unfortunate events for stanley.. god forbid he assembles a roster that could withstand an injury or a player going cold

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
your inability to put responsibility on bowmans shoulders. first its Qs fault, then its the stars fault, even tho kane and toews had career years. then you say bowman had a great offseason and that this team will be a playoff team. then this year starts and then its toews and kanes fault because the role players are playing better than the starters. then kane plays like an mvp again so it's all toews fault.. oh now debrincat isnt scoring so thats another pass bowman is gonna get..i'm sure now its starting to become collitons fault, and then next its gonna be the zamboni drivers fault... anyone but Stanley's fault.. just 3 years of unfortunate events for stanley.. god forbid he assembles a roster that could withstand an injury or a player going cold

What does any of this have to do with the stupid statement you made below? You literally said that "according to the people here" and then you were asked to prove "the people here" have said that. Again... reading is hard.

And while you're at it, please explain to me how players playing poorly is any fault of Bowman's?

lol according to the people here you can only be a hawks fan if you love stan bowman and Jeremy colliton

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
Again, prove your statement that is all people asked. You deflected less when you tried to defend your xenophobic comments. Step up and back up your claim.
hahaha yup xenophobic because i dont agree with you. even tho i live surrounded by black people and have black family members, have a mexican best friend who I consider my brother, and would help pay my black neighbors rent.. youre a clown . nice try PC Principal.. ps black people dont get offended if you say the word black

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
hahaha yup xenophobic because i dont agree with you. even tho i live surrounded by black people and have black family members, have a mexican best friend who I consider my brother, and would help pay my black neighbors rent.. youre a clown . nice try PC Principal.. ps black people dont get offended if you say the word black

also maybe you didnt say the words " your not a hawks if you dont love bowman"
1. i have better things to do than to click on your name and go through your posts and 2 ive literally seen people on be told they arent hawks fans because they dont agree with people

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

7d0c514ff175687b925fb8b9fc3b7ee478964af15e3b10a41b61c75e17512ab4.jpg

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

What? This is really your response? You have already proven you are homophobic and xenophobic. Your post history proves this (what is left at least). Clowns are people who lie about being a college athlete to justify comments. Clowns are people who make claims but can NEVER back them up. Clowns are people who are homophobic and xenophobic.

Again, prove your statement. We all know you can't but you can try really hard I bet.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
also maybe you didnt say the words " your not a hawks if you dont love bowman"
1. i have better things to do than to click on your name and go through your posts and 2 ive literally seen people on be told they arent hawks fans because they dont agree with people

People call CokeNoPepsi a non-Hawks fan because he's not.

He's a Canucks fan who has been trolling this board about Toews for years.

I haven't seen anybody else be accused of not being a Hawks fan. Even the loudest Bowman haters on this board are not accused of not being fans.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
What? You have already proven you are homophobic and xenophobic. Your post history proves this (what is left at least). Clowns are people who lie about being a college athlete to justify comments. Clowns are people who make claims but can NEVER back them up. Clowns are people who are homophobic and xenophobic.

Again, prove your statement. We all know you can't but you can try really hard I bet.
so even tho i didnt call anyone a homo, but me stating that this website will ban you for saying homo, makes me a homophobe? ahahahaha.
and no one needs to make anything up about being an athlete, im sure my fiance is a better athlete than you.. youve been wrong about so many things on here and thats why you defend stan so much because you dont wanna look stupid so you gotta defend bowman until your blue in the face

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
so even tho i didnt call anyone a homo, but me stating that this website will ban you for saying homo, makes me a homophobe? ahahahaha.
and no one needs to make anything up about being an athlete, im sure my fiance is a better athlete than you.. youve been wrong about so many things on here and thats why you defend stan so much because you dont wanna look stupid so you gotta defend bowman until your blue in the face

What?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Wat8.jpg

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am not a Seabrook hater at all, in fact I hate the insulting of the guy. Look at pictures of him 5 or 6 years ago. He is exactly the same but some think he just overeats and is out of shape. Its BS. But saying he deserved an 8 year extension and that AAV up to age 39 is a bit too over the top. No one would have moaned at a 4 year extension at that AAV but you could see before that contract was offered he was slowing down. You could tell he would hit the wall fast. He was never a fast skater but as he aged you could see the guy would slow way down. its a terrible situation they are stuck with.

Thing about the Seabrook contract is it was unnecessary. He was probably pinching himself when Bowman put it front of him. I get what he meant to 3 cups but Patrick Sharp was equally as important to those cup teams. Hammer as well. Both those guys for cap purposes were dumped to the curb. If you offered the 4 year deal and he went out and found a better one so be it, just like Sharpie you are forced with a hard cap to move on.

Some say the contract wasn’t Bowman’s fault, like there is some kind of info out there it came from up top and Bowman didn’t want to do it. I personally don’t buy it.

The league has been getting faster, and Seabrook doesn't seem to have made any efforts to slim down, improve his speed, or keep up... THAT'S the problem people have with him. The fact that even his teammates joke about what he eats makes it worse.

Jagr did it in 2014-2015, when he realized he wasn't fast enough to keep up with the kids in Florida. He lost 23 pounds, and worked on getting FASTER. Seabrook could stand to lose 20 pounds. I know he's listed at 220 lbs, but, much like Byfuglien, I think that's wishful thinking. He's probably closer to 230, 235.... If he dropped just 10 pounds, it would make a HUGE difference on the ice, even if he didn't work on improving his skating at the same time.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The league has been getting faster, and Seabrook doesn't seem to have made any efforts to slim down, improve his speed, or keep up... THAT'S the problem people have with him. The fact that even his teammates joke about what he eats makes it worse.

Jagr did it in 2014-2015, when he realized he wasn't fast enough to keep up with the kids in Florida. He lost 23 pounds, and worked on getting FASTER. Seabrook could stand to lose 20 pounds. I know he's listed at 220 lbs, but, much like Byfuglien, I think that's wishful thinking. He's probably closer to 230, 235.... If he dropped just 10 pounds, it would make a HUGE difference on the ice, even if he didn't work on improving his skating at the same time.
i do not know if i buy into this...... age and i will continue to say, maybe just maybe his concussions had something to do with his play today.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i personally think you are off base here.

however i still defend my opinions about SB which i still do, btw it is not a happy opinion that i have. i have went to war with many on this and other sites. but i like it here b/c they will let you have your opinion...... i am proof of that.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
when has race ever came up ???? i am the biggest defender of minorities......

believe me when i say this.

what is happening, i like you as a poster, what change ??

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
hey i can understand your point, i blame SB almost the most on here, almost. but his opinion is his opinion, God made everyone with an opinion.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
when has race ever came up ???? i am the biggest defender of minorities......

believe me when i say this.

what is happening, i like you as a poster, what change ??
buddy called me a xenophobe lol i literally had to google it haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad