Stan Bowman thread (mod warning post 965)

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
There have been quite a few players that have come in here, played with Kane, and didn't put up near the points Strome did. You just don't know what you are talking about.

You didn’t read the entire post, if you had you would have seen what I said in terms of what he does right which gets him a lot of those points, he’s very very one dimensional and now when he’s not with Kane he has one assist in his last 7 games. He needs to go.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If you had told me that morning that ‘the Hawks were going to trade Henri Jokiharju, what would you expect them to get back?’ I would’ve said ‘oh man, at least a first round pick and a top prospect.’

A 1st AND a top prospect??? On no planet does jokiharju return that. Duncan Kieth doesn’t even return that in a trade.

Argue about the return all you like, but that isn’t realistic in the slightest

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Perlini was 100% a lack of effort and lack of tool box. He has all the tool.

Nylander's draft position has nothing to do with how I view him and project him.
Alex Nylander

many here penciled him in for big production this year while only having 5 points in 19 games previous and topping out at 31 points in 3 years of AHL. I think his draft position and maybe even just his name had people projecting more from him. Im not saying its how you do.\

I disagree with perlini lack of a tool box.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You didn’t read the entire post, if you had you would have seen what I said in terms of what he does right which gets him a lot of those points, he’s very very one dimensional and now when he’s not with Kane he has one assist in his last 7 games. He needs to go.
So he is an NHL player, just a one dimensional one? All the things you said make him an NHL player.

He's coming off a sprained ankle, which contributes more to only having 1 pt in 7 games, than not playing with Kane. Many NHLers have said they struggle hard coming back from that injury in season.

I've already shown stats to you in the past that he performed better without Kane, than with Kane.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So he is an NHL player, just a one dimensional one? All the things you said make him an NHL player.

He's coming off a sprained ankle, which contributes more to only having 1 pt in 7 games, than not playing with Kane. Many NHLers have said they struggle hard coming back from that injury in season.

I've already shown stats to you in the past that he performed better without Kane, than with Kane.

Yes one dimension of him is NHL caliber, but then again not many people understand that you can’t just be one dimensional and make it in the NHL, good passing/decent shot alone is not gonna make you an NHL player. His skating is OHL quality, matter of fact many OHLers are much faster than him, his D game is very bad, he can’t forecheck cause he’s slow, he can’t back check cause he’s slow, he can’t lay a check on a body to save his life, he can’t go to the corners and fight for a puck, he’s easily pushed off the puck and can’t really dangle. Do you see what I mean now?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
A 1st and top prospect is really open ended. Purely as a draft pick return, No. 10-15 sounds about right for Joki. That’s where most had him in redrafts after his D+1 season. Or maybe a very late 1st and an NHL ready middle 6 forward in the mould of Versteeg.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yes one dimension of him is NHL caliber, but then again not many people understand that you can’t just be one dimensional and make it in the NHL, good passing/decent shot alone is not gonna make you an NHL player. His skating is OHL quality, matter of fact many OHLers are much faster than him, his D game is very bad, he can’t forecheck cause he’s slow, he can’t back check cause he’s slow, he can’t lay a check on a body to save his life, he can’t go to the corners and fight for a puck, he’s easily pushed off the puck and can’t really dangle. Do you see what I mean now?
Not if you are saying he isn't an NHL player. He has faults, but he is absolutely an NHL player, as he has proven over the last year and a half. It's really not debatable right now.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Not if you are saying he isn't an NHL player. He has faults, but he is absolutely an NHL player, as he has proven over the last year and a half. It's really not debatable right now.

There is no debating that he’s very one dimensional and he hurts the team when he’s on the ice and not producing. 27/47 games he didn’t record a point this year, those games he was hurting the team because when he doesn’t have the puck he’s absolutely useless, something a true NHLer isn’t. Heck even Kane given all the slack for being bad in the D zone is ten times better than this clown...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
There is no debating that he’s very one dimensional and he hurts the team when he’s on the ice and not producing. 27/47 games he didn’t record a point this year, those games he was hurting the team because when he doesn’t have the puck he’s absolutely useless, something a true NHLer isn’t. Heck even Kane given all the slack for being bad in the D zone is ten times better than this clown...
He is one dimensional. He's young. He's an NHLer.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He is one dimensional. He's young. He's an NHLer.

Once he’s traded and teams are not baby sitting him and putting him against weak competition will see if he’s an NHLer, once a competent coach that stresses Defense comes will see how much of an NHLer he really is, until then Strome fans can continue to live out that fantasy.

Reactions: LDF

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Do people actually believe that Stan should have got a 1st AND a top prospect for Joki? That's insane. He hadn't shown nearly enough to warrant that.

Personally, I think he should have got a high 1st rounder and took another spin at the wheel. A number 25-30 pick and a prospect would be nice but not enough to warrant trading a young top 4 D prospect IMO.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Do people actually believe that Stan should have got a 1st AND a top prospect for Joki? That's insane. He hadn't shown nearly enough to warrant that.
i think he was a 1st rounder and exceeded his draft position. i dont know why a team wouldnt trade a 1st plus for a guy who you know isnt a bust and still on his entry level....

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Not only do some people here believe it, but I also think Zawaski is hearing that from people inside the organization.

As @BK has mentioned, I also think Zawaski’s sources are one or more of the guys directly under Stan, MacIver and/or MacIssac. I think Zawaski is getting that from one, or both, of those guys. I don’t think he’s making that up out of thin air.

Zawaski mentioned right away (day of the trade) that some of the people in the org. expected more for Jokiharju

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not only do some people here believe it, but I also think Zawaski is hearing that from people inside the organization.

As @BK has mentioned, I also think Zawaski’s sources are one or more of the guys directly under Stan, MacIver and/or MacIssac. I think Zawaski is getting that from one, or both, of those guys. I don’t think he’s making that up out of thin air.

Zawaski mentioned right away (day of the trade) that some of the people in the org. expected more for Jokiharju
Seems really dumb to expect more from a 29th overall pick that played pretty well as a top 4 player under Q in his 20 year old season. That just sounds so dumb.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
He had only played like 30 games in the nhl at that point. He hadn't shown that he's a surefire top 4 guy. He still hasn't really.
where do you think he would go in a 2017 redraft? he showed that he was capable of playing top 4 minutes at 19-20 years old even for 30 games before a coaching change.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Not directed at me but I think he would go around 15-20.
seems about right. i kind of want to just list them for fun.

In no order.

Pettersson
Makar
Hischer
Patrick
Heiskanen
Necas
Suzuki
Thomas
Yamamoto
Glass
Middlestad
Brannstrom
Poehling
Frost
Hague
Batherson

Hes in this group i believe. Players on this list will fall off and some not on the list will rise.

Last edited:

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I guess it all depends on what "top prospect" means to you. To me its a guy around Jokers level. Joker was what our 3rd or 4th best prospect at the time of the trade? Basically every team has at least a couple guys of comparable worth and to me it doesn't make sense to expect Stan to get back a first in addition to a prospect of a similar caliber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->