Stamkos vs Tavares

Stamkos vs Tavares

• Total voters

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I think the difference in their ability is so minuscule that it’s pretty easy to take the guy worth $2.5 million less

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos might be better than he's ever been right now. I think he's created a gap between himself and Tavares at this point.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I'd rather have Tavares on TOR because I think he's more what the team needs.

Overall, they're close as players and certainly Stamkos is a better option if you really need a shooter/faster player than Tavares.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I would have taken Tavares as a player the past couple years, but it was close enough I'd rather take the cap savings. This year, Stamkos has been back to playing like he used to before the broken leg since November or so, which is a better player than Tavares and makes the decision even easier. Though with Stamkos the big question is whether he can put it together in the playoffs. I have more confidence in Tavares maintaining his play there

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Really? Has he fully recovered from the leg injury?

He's shooting the puck again, which opens up everything else. Honestly, he hasn't been an elite player in 5 years. Until now. He's absolutely elite now. He's been fantastic since an early game against Nashville where he was terrible. Since then? Lights out. Shoot shoot shoot, score score score.

I'd have taken Tavares easily until this season.

Reactions: GlitchMarner

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Stamkos might be better than he's ever been right now. I think he's created a gap between himself and Tavares at this point.
You think Stamkos right now is better than when he scored 60 goals?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
stamkos? fast?

I mean 'fast' wouldn't be the first adjective I use to describe him but yeah he's got some speed. He's not McDavid or MacKinnon but I've seen him go coast to coast several times this year and beat guys with his skating.

Definitely faster than Tavares

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You think Stamkos right now is better than when he scored 60 goals?

I think it's close. He's a far better defender, far better playmaker. Better all-around, and, really, when you look at the Nashville game on, the goal-scoring is almost back in full.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Still faster than JT :oops:

I mean 'fast' wouldn't be the first adjective I use to describe him but yeah he's got some speed. He's not McDavid or MacKinnon but I've seen him go coast to coast several times this year and beat guys with his skating.

Definitely faster than Tavares

yeah, he is faster than JT, just seems weird to me for stammer to be considered fast lol

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
With Stamkos seemingly returning to his pre-leg injury form, this is him. The contracts just makes it that much easier.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I’m not a huge fan of +/-, but Stamkos is the only minus player on a Lightning team that is +84. His underlying numbers are meh as a whole and flat out bad when you separate him from Kucherov and he’s getting heavy offensive usage against 2nd tier competition. His 5V5 scoring rate has declined from last season.

Outside of some improved numbers on a deadly PP that doesn’t run through him, how is this a Renaissance year for him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->