TSN: Stamkos meeting with leafs, Toronto mayor, and CEO of Canadian tire

Status
Not open for further replies.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve 19m19 minutes ago
SOURCES: Maple Leafs met with Steven Stamkos at MLSE headquarters Tuesday. Also present: Toronto Mayor John Tory and CEO of Canadian Tire.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
haha. Here, sign for 9M a year and Canadian Tire will sponsor you for 3 additional million a year.

Side note: How the **** would Steve Simmons know? I doubt he can even dress himself in the morning without help.

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
This is the first thread title I've ever laughed out loud at on this site.

Holey moley that's dumb as hell.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I don't know why certain Leafs fans are so eager to see Stamkos be given questionable endorsements(as they are suggesting themselves, not saying that it's happening in reality). You're basically wishing for your franchise to get completely ****ed by the league

Reactions: thadd

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
I LOVE HOW ****IN SMART LOU AND SHANAHAN ARE!

bring down the cap hit and give him extra money from other sources.

How smart are these guys? so resourceful. so creative.

lets get it done boys!!!!! :yo::yo::yo:

Reactions: MasterMatt25

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Stamkos is sponsored by Sportchek, which also owns CT, or at least it's the same group.

Connect the dots.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
haha. Here, sign for 9M a year and Canadian Tire will sponsor you for 3 additional million a year.

Side note: How the **** would Steve Simmons know? I doubt he can even dress himself in the morning without help.

Sounds like cap circumvention :sarcasm:

In all seriousness - this could turn out bad for TO if he does end up signing a lower contract in TO and there are actual links to discussion with the Leafs and other businesses to sponsor him. Anyone know the penalty if there is actual circumvention?

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
This tells us nothing asides from the fact that they want to pay him in Canadian Tire money. Montreal can pay him in Poutine. I don't know about you guys, but I know what I prefer

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Sounds like cap circumvention :sarcasm:

In all seriousness - this could turn out bad for TO if he does end up signing a lower contract in TO and there are actual links to discussion with the Leafs and other businesses to sponsor him. Anyone know the penalty if there is actual circumvention?

Cap circumvention is real tough in the NHL. They have someone working in their offices that is ****ing retired and has a cap hit helping a team. It's ridiculous.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
I don't know why certain Leafs fans are so eager to see Stamkos be given questionable endorsements(as they are suggesting themselves, not saying that it's happening in reality). You're basically wishing for your franchise to get completely ****ed by the league

Hey it's not questionable as long as we do this at the meeting after this meeting because it's scheduled as "endorsement meeting: This has nothing to do with the Leafs, we swear" :sarcasm:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I LOVE HOW ****IN SMART LOU AND SHANAHAN ARE!

bring down the cap hit and give him extra money from other sources.

How smart are these guys? so resourceful. so creative.

lets get it done boys!!!!! :yo::yo::yo:

It's cap circumvention really.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

Why would that happen? Teams are allowed to show players the benefits of playing in a certain city. As long as money isn't talked about, there is nothing wrong with this. I read that the Leafs even got permission from the league that they were allowed to talk about endorsements during this courting season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad