Stalock Signs 2 Year Contract

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Two things I hope he improved are his happy feet and his rebound control. Sometimes he got too overaggressive and overactive on shots behind the net. I don't mind the aggression because it's definitely interesting but I want him to be effective with it. Same goes for the rebounds, he lets out gigantic rebounds and it's too be expected with the style but I hope he refines the giant bounce outs better.

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
Outside of ELC's this will be the best value on the Sharks roster over the next two seasons.

DW should have locked him up for 8 because Stalock is going to want to get paid in 2016. :naughty:

MrCowGod15

Feb 6, 2007
Definitely a good deal for Alex to prove himself. Looking forward to seeing him take a big role between the pipes and getting the breakouts started off well.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
Which is why he's always been at his best when he plays alot, like a year ago.

When he was platooning with Niittymäki, he was garbage, last season with more responsibility for Stalock, he was again rather average.

I'm all for trading Niemi, but it's not because he can't handle alot of games.

1st year with San Jose, he displays inconsistency early on until the team got their act together and started playing tighter and more defensively after January. His numbers in the regular season looked good, but then in the playoffs he finished under a 900%. 60 Games played.

2nd season: Probably his best, posted lesser numbers than the year before, but still remained as a backbone for the team. Playoffs were not his fault. 68 Games played.

3rd season: He had his best playoff numbers, and surprise surprise, it was a lockout year. He played 10 games in the Finnish league and 43 in the NHL. 53 games played (Finnish league plus NHL).

4th season: Started off well, but then started showing signs of inconsistency. Playoffs were also abysmal. 64 games played.

One season where he's shown he can do well in the regular season and playoffs (2011-12). Then again, we got beat in the first round, how well would he have endured in the second? Or third?

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Cool, now all we need to do is dump Niemi for a pick or two and acquire Reimer and our goaltending will be golden.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Wtf are you talking about giving more responsibility to Stalock and not giving Niemi enough, did you watch hockey this year

Niemi started the first 11 games, I'm sure McLellan intended for him to play 70+, but his own ****** play got in the way of that

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
brguerrero 11:31am via Twitter Web Client

Fresh off a new 2-year extension, @SanJoseSharks goalie @Stalock32 joins @robpizzo & @HockeyBroph on Hockey Night in Canada radio at 1:30 pm

(AKA SiriusXMNHL channel)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad