Stajan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
Mephisto said:
Who could he be compared to?
Does he have a better potential than Antropov?

Thx.
I can't say exactly why, but his style of play reminds me of Alyn McCauley.

He seems to be getting the same type of goals and out hustling his opponents to get his breaks.

I'd say his success comes more from hard work than any one particular skill.

That being said, I've only watched him in a few games so far.

As for a compare/contrast with Antropov, from an outsider's perspective, I've never quite bought into the hype (for lack of a better word) that has followed Antropov on an annual basis.

Antropov would seem to have an advantage in nearly all areas (puckhandling, size, overall skill set etc.) but right now it is Stajan's work ethic and general quickness that is getting the job done.

I still might give Antropov the benefit of the doubt on the upside though just because every year is supposed to be his breakthrough year as a so-called "power forward" and maybe, just maybe some year he might just break through.

leafaholix*

He's not as fast as Alyn McCauley, but he's got a similar style.

dink182

Aug 7, 2002
Visit site
Actually, the best part about his game is his hockey sense. He knows where to be and what to do all the time. Anybody can hustle. There are 4th line guys all around the league who can hustle. But Stajan has the hockey sense of a top two way center. He's like Robert Reichel, who has been absolutely brilliant this year (I know, I can't believe it either). Smart, smart players. He is so good in fact, that Joe Nieuwendyk, a center for all his life, has been moved to the wing to keep Stajan in that #2 center spot. And for Stajan, who is just 19 years old, that is amazing.

Last edited:

dink182

Aug 7, 2002
Visit site
Oh, and as for Antropov vs Stajan... let's put it this way. Stajan has now made Antropov expendable just like Chris Bosh made Antonio Davis expendable. Stajan is the Leafs' #2 center of the future. Antropov is trade bait.

leafaholix*

dink said it.

Stajan's biggest attribute is his smarts, he knows where to go without the puck.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
dink182 said:
Oh, and as for Antropov vs Stajan... let's put it this way. Stajan has now made Antropov expendable just like Chris Bosh made Antonio Davis expendable. Stajan is the Leafs' #2 center of the future. Antropov is trade bait.

Okay, but then who is the Leafs' number 1 centre of the future?

Stajan has been great, but that doesn't mean that the Leafs should trade on of their only good young forwards. If I were the leafs, I would hold on to Antropov, and put him on the wing if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->