GDT: Staj-lien vs Predator: Calgary vs Nashville (8PM, SNW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We've scored 2.31 goals per game since the 1-0 loss to Columbus 13 games ago. In the 13 games prior to that loss we averaged 3.54 goals per game. It feels worse than that.

Reactions: hangman005

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Can't wait until I get called out by the 2 or 3 Flames homers/apologists that I complain too much because I continue to watch these boring ass Flames games and complain about valid issues.

"We crushed them in advanced stats"

"Visually we look way better than we did"

"Flames are generating lots of chances, just no luck"

"Flames are on the brink of breaking out"

Yeah all of these may be true, at the end of the day all that matters is the 2 points and the Flames aren't getting them. Can't wait to see Flames miss the playoffs, but having the 4th best possession stats and Corsi.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Flames played good game, but they have just been so incredibly unlucky for a while now. That's gonna change sooner or later.

Reactions: Anglesmith

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Can't wait until I get called out by the 2 or 3 Flames homers/apologists that I complain too much because I continue to watch these boring ass Flames games and complain about valid issues.

"We crushed them in advanced stats"

"Visually we look way better than we did"

"Flames are generating lots of chances, just no luck"

"Flames are on the brink of breaking out"

Yeah all of these may be true, at the end of the day all that matters is the 2 points and the Flames aren't getting them. Can't wait to see Flames miss the playoffs, but having the 4th best possession stats and Corsi.

Be careful, or they say you are not a real fan. A real fan would shut up and take it. They have been doing since 1989. lol

I see some positive on this. Sooner or later they realize GG is a fraud and get rid of his ass. I miss the old day of Bob Johnson with his passion and technical on the special teams. Even with Sutter, at least you can see he is pissed. You get none with this moron.

The best you can get from this guy is a .500 team. Go check his history

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
No worry man, only a moron cant see we are a lottery team at the moment

I just can't believe that the pick was not protected, I think if Brad Treliving, said "we want the pick to be top 10 protected" than the Islanders would have said yes.

For now we need to take a page out of Nashville playbook. We have depth on the back end coming up the pipeline.

Traded Weber for another Dman

Traded Jones for sniper

Reactions: Flames 1st pick

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I was specifically referring to the 1st overall pick.

Thanks for clearing that up Method Man but in a draft this deep and good, I think even with a top 10 pick or maybe even lower, you can get a solid player. The season is slipping away, teams that are close to us will pull away, Chicago is heating up, Anaheim will have their injured players back, I don't think the Oilers will be stuck in the same mode forever and we are battling 2-3 other teams.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
This team needs a huge wake-up call. Pretty obvious that this mix isn't good enough.

Either fire gg or make a trade involving one of our vaunted defenders

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
TI was one of the few who disagreed with giving Hartley the axe. Would of been interesting to see what he could do with a competent goalie.

Hartley?? How can there still be Hartley defenders?

Outside of the fact that he has 2 play-off trips in his last 8 seasons of coaching, was out of the NHL for 5 years without a sniff until his buddy Feaster gave him a job and is now going on more than a year and two hiring cycles without a sniff again one of the biggest issues with the goalies was his complete lack of a defensive system leaving them hanging out to dry. A guess a better goalie can help save a few more of those chances but even Carey price will struggle with the chances Hartleys "system" gives up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad