GDT: Staj-lien vs Predator: Calgary vs Nashville (8PM, SNW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Flames will outshoot them 45-10, control puck movement through all three periods, win 75% of the faceoffs and lose 3-2

Reactions: Sk8M8

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Seriously Lazar is out?

Is GG trying to make this the slowest team of all time?

Can we just fire him now?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Lazar should be waived and someone like Mangipane or Hrivik should be called up in his place. He's not looked great this season and he's scratched half of the time anyway.

Reactions: Pomee and Sk8M8

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Jagr's back, Rittich gets the start tomorrow.

Flames fun fact of the day: We're 7-3-0 against the Preds in our last 10 meetings

Another fun fact of the day, 2 of the losses was due to the fact that the Preds exposed a weak link in Chad Johnson's glove side. Having the most right handed shots in the league facing against a goalie with a weak glove? That spells trouble for the goalie lol. Which goalie has the worst blocker side in the league? Flames would feast on him haha.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I have no issue with the team being slower if the player being taken out has the puck skills of a toaster.

Well it isn't like Stajan, Brouwer, Hathaway (or Jagr this year but I know we can't criticize him) are wizards with the puck themselves.

With a forward group that plays so incredibly slow it would be nice to have a player or two who plays with speed and brings energy especially when the guy you are bringing in plays the exact opposite way and only slows us down and kills any energy.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Toasters should be able to hold on to pucks... there are two slots in which a puck would fit very well me thinks.
Indeed. A ceiling fan is a more apt comparison.

That 2nd would have been nice.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I'd have more confidence if it was in Nashville. But it's in Calgary where the Flames can't play a solid 60 minute game to save their life.

Smith needs to get hot again, because the Flames ain't scoring.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Think we're due for a big game offensively. Next couple weeks are crucial for the Flames to find out just who they are.

If they are just treading water by the time January rolls around the roster should get a shakeup.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Lazar should be waived and someone like Mangipane or Hrivik should be called up in his place. He's not looked great this season and he's scratched half of the time anyway.

No I think Stajan should, at least I can notice Lazar on the ice working hard.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
5 minutes in and it already seems like a game not unlike the last 12 or so. Goals are hard to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad