Pre-Game Talk: Stadium Series: Pregame Festivities & Roll Call!!!

3CupTrap

May 3, 2012
Staten Island
Can you reccommend a good parking lot to tailgate in somewhat close to the stadium and what time do the lots open you think?
I'll be parking in the 151st st south lot it's only $18 and a 5-10min walk. The Harlem river lots are good if you plan on grilling. If $35 isn't an issue the roof of the river ave garage is a good spot. You can reserve parking and print out a pass at I believe it's baseballparking.com ( just google Yankee stadium parking to make sure). Lots will def be open by 8 mayb even sooner. Any other q's just post I know the area very well (used to go to 50+ gms a yr until steinbrenner corporate mall opened).

Mory Schneideur*

I'll be parking in the 151st st south lot it's only $18 and a 5-10min walk. The Harlem river lots are good if you plan on grilling. If $35 isn't an issue the roof of the river ave garage is a good spot. You can reserve parking and print out a pass at I believe it's baseballparking.com ( just google Yankee stadium parking to make sure). Lots will def be open by 8 mayb even sooner. Any other q's just post I know the area very well (used to go to 50+ gms a yr until steinbrenner corporate mall opened).

Which lot will we encounter the most fans at? For a real tailgating experience?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
However a good idea for others park near the d or 4 train. 1 doesn't go to the stadium.

No, but if you're parking on the west UWS you take the 1 to the 2,3 (or just take the 2,3 if you happen to be near 72nd or 96th) and switch to the 4.

Or, if you're parking on the east UWS, you take the B,D directly to Yankee Stadium.

Either way, screw paying $20 or $30 for parking.

3CupTrap

May 3, 2012
Staten Island
No, but if you're parking on the west UWS you take the 1 to the 2,3 (or just take the 2,3 if you happen to be near 72nd or 96th) and switch to the 4.

Or, if you're parking on the east UWS, you take the B,D directly to Yankee Stadium.

Either way, screw paying $20 or $30 for parking.
Ok good point I'm not as familiar with 2/3 line. Couldn't agree more I only put it in a lot when I tailgate.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Decent number of fans I've talked to are bringing a few beers to have in the lot then heading over to Stans

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
What is the name of places i can leave my backpack at during the game? I recall that discussion happening before.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
What is the name of places i can leave my backpack at during the game? I recall that discussion happening before.

here you go mister

Each Guest is welcome to bring one bag into Yankee Stadium provided the bag is soft-sided (e.g., diaper bags, small purses, etc.) and its dimensions do not exceed 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches. Briefcases, coolers and other hard-sided bags or containers are not permitted. All bags will be thoroughly inspected before they are permitted into the Stadium. Bag-size bins will be used at inspection points, and bags and their contents must fit without assistance, modification or adjustment. There is no storage area for any items that do not meet security requirements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad