Stacked Team A vs Stacked Team B

In a 7 game series all at their peaks who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
In a 7 game series all at their peaks who wins?

A

Ovechkin-Gretzky-Kurri
Datsyuk-Malkin-Fedorov
Messier-Forsberg-Bure
Bergeron-Thornton-Kopitar

Coffey-Bourque
Pronger-Doughty
Niedermayer-Stevens

Hasek
Rask

Vs.

B

Sakic-Lemieux-Jagr
Zetterberg-Crosby-Yzerman
Kariya-Lindros-Selanne
Toews-McDavid-Kesler

Karlsson-Lidstrom
Potvin-Keith
Leetch-Chelios

Roy
Quick

Last edited:

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Ovechkin > Kariya
Gretzky > Lemieux
Kurri < Jagr
Datsyuk > Zetterberg
Malkin = Crosby
Fedorov >= Yzerman
Messier >= Sakic
Forsberg = Lindros
Bure = Selanne
Bergeron = Toews
Thornton < McDavid (projected)
Kopitar > Kesler

Coffey = Karlsson
Bourque > Lidstrom
Pronger > Potvin
Doughty =< Keith
Niedermayer < Leetch
Stevens = Chelios

Hasek > Roy

Team A. Both teams have skill, goal scoring, etc. But other than Lindros and Potvin I don't see any one on team B who's going to physically intimidate team A who have Messier, Pronger, Stevens and OV who can all dish out some major punishment. When skill, speed, etc are so close I see that as the "tie breaker". And Gretzky.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Other than the 1st line, Team B has A beat as far as forwards go. On d Team B has the better 1st pair, but A has the better 2nd and 3rd pairs. A wins for goalies.

I'll go B by a sliver.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Ryan Kesler seems out of place here
Peak Kesler was top 5 in the NHL in goals and won the Selke trophy.

Peak Kesler is right there with peak Kopitar, Toews and Bergeron

Kesler also played with Mason Raymond and Mikel Samuelsson in his peak, which are significantly worse linemates than peak Toews (Hossa and Saad) and peak Bergeron (Hart caliber Marchand)

I’m super bored so let’s actuallg break down Kesler in 2011 vs Bergeron this year

They have pretty much identical CFRel%’s while Kesler actually played in tougher deployment (~60% Ozone start % vs ~50%)

I know the narrative was Kesled scores a lot on the power play that year but he did score 23 even strength goals which is as many as Daniel Sedin who won the art ross trophy that year.

Bergeron has 34 even strength points in 55 games playing with a Hart candidate and another PPG winger. Kesler had 39 points in 82 games.

So throughout the season Bergeron would average ~10 more even strength points than Kesler. Which is quite a bit but when you factor in the vast discrepancy in QOT it certainly explains the gap.

Kesler was top 5 in the NHL in goals which is a tremendous feet for a guy who’s primary job was to shut down other teams players, the Sedins were given 70% offensive zone starts and tasked to be the teams offensive line.

I think looking at all context you’re looking at two pretty similar seasons.

Kesler also had a great year in 2009/2010 where he actually didn’t even play with the Sedins on the PP.

He has 47 even strength points that year again playing with Raymond and Samuelsson started only 44% of his shifts in the offensive zone and again his CF% was pretty much identical to what Bergeron’s is right now.

Peak Kesler was a f***ing beast, his body broke down and he was never the same after 2011 when he tore his hip labrum.

Last edited:

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Peak Lemieux vs Any opposition =
giphy.gif

Reactions: Flamesss

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Hard to vote against Gretzky honestly. Even if someone feels Lemieux at peak is as good or better - Gretzky has a certain clutch factor unique to him. He always stood out as the best player/scorer in every tournament he played in.

I prefer Roy to hasek
And I prefer team B's center depth. But I think I'd pick team A for Gretzky alone tbh.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Peak Lemieux, Sakic, Lindros and I get peak Lidstrom and Karlsson???!!

B easy

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
D core on team b is much better. Forwards are a wash.

The question for me is in game 7 is Patty Roy on the road or at home. Because my pick flip flops depending on the situation.

Also Mario owns Ray that's a bad beat for team A.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Team 2 every day 30 times on sunday. Only request let me please please please trade Crosby for Ovi. We will give up a lifetime of 1st rounders. Thanks.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
Team A for me.

Peak Kesler is right there with peak Kopitar, Toews and Bergeron

I don't think he was quite there, mostly because I don't think he quite could drive the offense to the same extent.

Good player though, probably underrated in general.

D core on team b is much better.

That's the part of B I prefer over A.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Surprised you didn’t put Orr on any roster.

Went with B. Peak Lemieux, Crosby, Lindros, and McDavid as your centres? Yes, please.

Yeah that's a big reason I'm surprised this is such a blowout, along with them also having the better overall defense core.

I didn't include Orr because any team that had Lemieux or Gretzky + Orr would've been the obvious choice when the rest of the teams are this close.

Reactions: 99664987

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad