Staal vs. Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Latin*

mymkovski said:
I think in a couple years, Malkin will emerge as the more offensive between the two and Staal will be more of a two-way centre. I see Malkin playing the Russian superstar role of pure offense and Staal playing the Canadian superstar role of responsible leadership-style hockey.

Disagree. Malkin's known for his leadership and his play at both ends. I think you're basing your comparison off tired stereotypes.

S L

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
Steve Latin said:
Disagree. Malkin's known for his leadership and his play at both ends. I think you're basing your comparison off tired stereotypes.

S L

Do we all have the resources other than what we read in magazines, newspapers, internet or see on TV to make a judgement otherwise? I did have the opportunity as a bantam player to play against Staal, and damn was he an awesome player.

I don't doubt Malkin's defensive abilities. I do believe that these are the roles these players will more than likely fall into. It doesn't mean that that is strictly what these players will or will not do. Its the tendency in their styles that differentiate the two. Are they both leaders? Of course they are. Are they both responsible players? Yes. Are they both offensively talented? Yes.

But I believe Staal is a little more of a leader and a little more responsible, whereas Malkin is a little more offensive.

Take your pick on these two to decide who's the better fit for your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad