Staal or Phaneuf?

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
It would probably be nice to have clarification on which Staal.

Eric Staal: better
Marc Staal: not better
Jordan Staal: not better
Jarred Staal: tough to say, some say he'll be the best one

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't know why Jared is getting that reputation

anyways I assumed the thread was comparing the defensemen, but I don't really think the starter minds all that much as long as we rave about Phaneuf.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
44_bertuzzi_44 said:
Eric Staal - Equal
Marc Staal - Worse
Jordan Staal - Worse
Jared Staal - Too Early To Tell.
why is it too early to tell for Jared, but not for Jordan?

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I'd rather have Phaneuf, personally. Jordan Staal could turn out to be a better player but in a case like this you take the proven commodity. Plus it's harder to find defensemen like him than it is to find good playmaking centers.

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
-31- said:
why is it too early to tell for Jared, but not for Jordan?

It's really too early to tell for any of them but most people have seen enough of Jordan Staal to be able to form an opinion on him. Jared Staal on the other hand has not even played in the OHL yet so anyone who attempts to project how good he might be is strictly guessing. I doubt many poeple have seen him enough.

bigdeal44

Dec 11, 2005
Yeah Dion being the first d man in years to score twenty in his rookie year means nothing. Its pretty much impossible to compare forwards to d. What makes Orr better than Gretzky???? He is better than Marc Staal because of the offense. The defensive skills are equal. Jared might be nothing. Wait til the kid proves something. Im pretty sure hes in the same draft class as Tavares and the two are not close in skill. And Jordan a.k.a Chris Gratton II as I like to call him, has done nothing in the nhl either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad