Post-Game Talk: Staaaaaaalllll wins it in OT (Mod warning post #260)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The issue is that he did not see the ice for the last 10 minutes and OT.. despite playing better hockey than Danault and being infinitely better in the face-off dot.

I thought that was the thing.. KK couldn't play C in big moments until he improved his face-offs.. now what is it?

Do you really believe most other coaches with a similar roster, would deploy KK differently? Remember how you thought Ducharme would be different?

KK will get his shot at a permanent top 6 spot but it won’t be now — it’s just the way it is on most other teams except that many of them would probably have left KK in the minors longer.

Vets have tremendous pull on all teams — it’ll never change.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
For everyone whining that KK is being ruined by playing slightly less minutes yesterday, at practice today he is playing on the 1st line in Gallagher's spot.

Stand by for the whiners to shift the goal posts and start complaining he is being ruined by playing wing instead of center. Let's just ignore that for the first time in decades the Habs have depth, size and skill at center. Particularly with 6'4 Staal.

stall at 6'4 depth size and skill ? I noticed you left out speed.
but then again as meatloaf so astutely noticed, 2 out of three aint bad.

if we include speed, KK likely is the most well rounded and he is playing wing.
I don't have any problem with him playing wing with gallagher nursing his hand so long as it not to open up a spot for lazy ass drouin to return to center. I am fine with every other permutation ( at least for a while).

Anything that sends drouin all the way down the lineup to the pressbox is good by me as well.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I had a number of injuries that started to show in my 30s, I know their careers are over in their 40s, but i can attest that there are a lot more aches and pains than 30s...nevermind my 20s. Broke a finger badly in my teens and that sucker has never fully healed. A few of my other injuries span the pain spectrum. Finger is effecting my dexterity though. Lets just say i can open a pickle jar, but i have problems with produce bags. Covid makes it worse because i cant lick my fingers to open them.

Well at least you're no Alzner. Not properly set when immobilized? must have been very bad fractures, any bones I broke all is fine aside from some permanent displacement.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I agree with this.

I know that he's not long term 1st line material, but I like the idea of replacing the guy who consistently goes to the dirty areas of the ice ( gallagher) with the only other hab that does ( perry).

will tuna dano perry be as good as tatar-danault-gallagher ? who knows ? but it keeps lines 2,3 together and gets perry off the 4th as a reward for working so well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad