Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Rob Paxon said:
Why not also suggest the person he replied to not be a sore winner.

Rob Paxon speaks the truth, as he usually does.

All hail the Rob Paxon, and his ever-present, grind-listening wisdom! :bow: :yo:

In this thread, there shall be no sore winner...nor shall there be sore losers. No soreness. Whatsoever.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
ceber said:
Durn tootin' I'm complaining. The names on the back of the jerseys aren't what makes good hockey, if you ask me. St. Paul got one pretty good game, and that was the Russia/US quarterfinal. There were some entertaining moments in the other games, but they also had large portions of sloppy and ugly play. Tonight's game it looked like they forgot to have their nap earlier or something. Passes into the feet instead of on the stick, guys not paying attention as the puck gets passed to them. Shots were 4-3 after the first period... that's not good, no matter who's on the ice.

And what makes exciting hockey? The Minnesota Wild? :lol I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the excitement level of hockey in this tournament, because it's the last bit of hockey we're going to have for a very long time, at least for those of us that don't have other means of hockey (AHL, NCAA, WHL, etc). I find it a privilage that an international tournament is the last place I'm going to see my favourite and the best hockey players in the world for a long time. At least I don't have to see them in the NHL where it's a joke majority of the time.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Heh. Someone would like to see a regular NHl team playing instead of star-packed teams like USA or Canada? Minnesota of all teams? LOL! Wild's games must be the most boring in NHL. Oh well...

A sad thing is that only Canada, Sweden and Finland seemed to be really exited about this tournament. But that's why those are the teams I were cheering for. I know how much a win would mean for Finland, or how much it would have ment for Sweden.

I can't understand people who think like "this is just some crappy biased NHL tournament". It's the best tournament in a long time and maybe the only quality hockey you guys in America will be seeing this year. :shakehead

Oh and Montreal has the best crowd. At least in this tournament. :yo: Toronto's crowd, though could be better, is still many times better than Xcel Energy Center's.

Last edited:

High flyin' Habs*

leafs4thecup said:
Don't assume the rest of Canada isn't into it, just because Montreal makes more noise than Toronto. As mentioned previously, Toronto fans don't make that much noise, with all the corporations in attendance. Yet the games are still selling out(33 tickets, bah) and their is still interest. Same in Western Canada. Montreal wasn't that great. People seem to forget it was empty too at the beginning of the periods, and wasn't really that loud.

Did you even see the games played in Montreal?? Not that loud??? Comon!

monkey_00*

>>>St. Paul crowds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone else as disgusted as I am about the poor crowds in MN? I don't care baout bad marketing. If you people can sell out a Wild-Preds game with 32 total shots in the game months in advance can you put some fans in the seats for a some great international hockey? No offense to the great hockey people of Minnesota but I don't think anyone will be knocking your door for quite a while in regards to hosting international hockey. Let's hit Detroit next (despite that Canadians will poor over the border to attend).<<<
=========================================

Ya I know eh.............it was almost as bad as it was in Toronto the other night.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

monkey_00*

>>>I think it has something to do with the fact that the so called "state of hockey" is a giant lie. It seems that many Minnesota Wild fans are fans of MINNESOTA....and not really hockey fans at all....<<<

========================

meputpuckinnet.............

Not too sure if that's entirely accurate.........College hockey is just as popular as NHL hockey in Minnesota IF not MORE.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

monkey_00*

>>>Don't assume the rest of Canada isn't into it, just because Montreal makes more noise than Toronto. As mentioned previously, Toronto fans don't make that much noise, with all the corporations in attendance. Yet the games are still selling out(33 tickets, bah) and their is still interest. Same in Western Canada. Montreal wasn't that great. People seem to forget it was empty too at the beginning of the periods, and wasn't really that loud.<<<
============================

leafs4thecup...........

First of all (Off topic) I love that handle of yours........It's nice to dream and fantasize REALLY BIG...........

Anyways.......those "33-tickets" that people keep saying that weren't sold in Toronto looked more to me from watching on TV like it was 33-SECTIONS not sold..........I can count and it was ALOT more than 33-seats in Toronto not sold like they would have us believe.......what an absolute embarrassment for Toronto.....don't even compare Toronto to Montreal cause it's no comparison at all.......what games were you watching anyways???

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
I think it'd be more suitable if the next world cup is held in x,y,z cities in europe, and in say, New York, Chicago, Montreal in North America.
Would be better for the European tv market, and market penetration into Germany, etc needs great games at watchable times, beleive me, Germans aren't watching Czech-Canada at 1am to 4am local time.

Plus, hockey could benefit from the buzz it'd generate in a city like New York.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
monster_bertuzzi said:
Never heard the Xcell Energy center so quiet. And for once they're seeing exciting hockey!

According to a response to a post I made on the Minnesota Wild Boards, The Xcell Energy Center sufferes from "LowerBowlofGMPlaceidas". Basically, Rich people who are season ticket holders sit on their hands and watch the game like it was on TV.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Dolemite said:
According to a response to a post I made on the Minnesota Wild Boards, The Xcell Energy Center sufferes from "LowerBowlofGMPlaceidas". Basically, Rich people who are season ticket holders sit on their hands and watch the game like it was on TV.

As an upper-deck fan, I'm surprised to learn that they watch the game down there. ;)

Feb 24, 2004
monkey_00 said:
>>>Don't assume the rest of Canada isn't into it, just because Montreal makes more noise than Toronto. As mentioned previously, Toronto fans don't make that much noise, with all the corporations in attendance. Yet the games are still selling out(33 tickets, bah) and their is still interest. Same in Western Canada. Montreal wasn't that great. People seem to forget it was empty too at the beginning of the periods, and wasn't really that loud.<<<
============================

leafs4thecup...........

First of all (Off topic) I love that handle of yours........It's nice to dream and fantasize REALLY BIG...........

Anyways.......those "33-tickets" that people keep saying that weren't sold in Toronto looked more to me from watching on TV like it was 33-SECTIONS not sold..........I can count and it was ALOT more than 33-seats in Toronto not sold like they would have us believe.......what an absolute embarrassment for Toronto.....don't even compare Toronto to Montreal cause it's no comparison at all.......what games were you watching anyways???

Cheers!~

monkey_00

I'm interested to know how many Leaf games you watch during the year, or go to in fact. The thing is, the seats appear empty, because people come back late.

Did you see Sakic's second goal against the States in Montreal. I wasn't watching the goal. I was watching and marveling at the stands, where Montreal fans in the front rows were having the same type of thing. Coming back late. That looked pretty empty.

You obviously don't know Toronto fans, or the Leafs, since they don't sell out oh, about 2 games A YEAR. Check the box score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad