Proposal: St. Louis (shattenkirk) & Tampa (Bish)

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
How about straight up:

Shattenkirk

for

Bish

Both 1 year left on their contracts and UFA afterwards. The difference in cap hit is about $1.7M which looks like the Blues can absorb and the Lightning get a bit more breathing room to sign RFAs. Bish is from St. Louis so he would most likely waive to go there. St. Louis improves their goaltending for a solid run at the cup and Lightning get their RHD PPQB.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
No, we just extended Allen for 4m. No interest in Bishop in any way.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
What use does STL have for Bishop?

He's an awesome goalie but they moved Elliott to make way for Allen and give him the full time job (which he definitely earned before he got hurt and Elliott put up insane numbers).

STL trades Shattenkirk to fill a need.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Only Tampa's RFAs would be desirable but that's counter productive to what your trying to accomplish

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
This makes zero sense for STL. Im sure they would rather play Allen and ride out Shatty than trade him for Bishop

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Shattenkirk would obviously be a perfect fit for us, but I don't see how this could happen without a third team involved, and without us unloading a lot of tough-to-unload contracts beforehand.

Something involving Dallas? Where Dallas gets Bish, TB gets Shattenkirk, and STL gets pieces from both sides?

What are St. Louis's needs right now?

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I saw Allen's playoff numbers ... then I saw Bish's playoff numbers. No comparison in what Bishop would bring to your team. Allen can back up Bish ... you'd have your duo. You can fit them both under the cap next year.

Allen: .904 SV% (2014/15) and .897 SV% (2015/16)
Bishop: .921 SV% (2014/15) and .939 SV% (2015/16)

And I'd think St. Louis has the better defense in front of them between the two teams.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I saw Allen's playoff numbers ... then I saw Bish's playoff numbers. No comparison in what Bishop would bring to your team. Allen can back up Bish ... you'd have your duo. You can fit them both under the cap next year.

And I'd think St. Louis has the better defense in front of them between the two teams.

I'm not a huge fan of Allen, but are you honestly trying to use sv% as a meaning stat from 2 starts? Or even 8 starts (which is both seasons)?

Anyway. Compare Bishop's numbers to Brian Elliott's this season. The Blues management chose Allen over Elliott, so it isn't all about the numbers.

If you want to talk value, sure Bishop and Shattenkirk might be close. Difficult to say, there are going to be a lot of goalies on the market in the lead up to the expansion draft, and RHD are in high demand.

In terms of Blues needs, we've just commited to our starter going forward.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

Lovely. Then St. Louis can us 10 million in cap space on goalies.....

Look, wish we could wind the clock back and do Drouin for Shatty. But that boat has sailed.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

If they wanted to go that direction, they would have kept Elliott. They're basically doing the same thing we are with their goaltending. You're trying to send Bishop to a team in our exact position.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

If they wanted Allen to back up a vet don't you think they would have just kept Elliot?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
What is TB view of Johnson with the emergency of Drouin?

Maybe something around Shatty and Johnson?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What is TB view of Johnson with the emergency of Drouin?

Maybe something around Shatty and Johnson?

Would probably leave too big a hole at center. We'll need Point, Peca, or (maaaaaybe) Namestnikov to emerge as a 2C before we can move Johnson, I think.

What does St. Louis need right now? A center?

What about something like,

To Dallas: Bishop
To Tampa Bay: Shattenkirk
To St. Louis: Honka or Nichushkin (+), Namestnikov or Killorn

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Is Drouin viewed as a center. Figures he would be a cheap replacement for Johnson. But, I totally get the unproven thing.

Not sure I want bishop in Dallas. Not sure how they could add him with the $$$ tied up in net. Pretty sure buyout isn't an option for them.

But I did propose a Honka/Nichushkin for Shatty trade at one point.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
We have no need for Bishop.
Nikita Kucherov, Tyler Johnson, Jonathan Drouin would be the guys we target. I don't think Tampa is a good trade partner cause they cap is tough and with Shattenkirk being a UFA it only adda to the issue.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is Drouin viewed as a center. Figures he would be a cheap replacement for Johnson. But, I totally get the unproven thing.

Not sure I want bishop in Dallas. Not sure how they could add him with the $$$ tied up in net. Pretty sure buyout isn't an option for them.

But I did propose a Honka/Nichushkin for Shatty trade at one point.

Drouin is very unlikely to wind up playing C. It would be ideal, but in his catastrophic Syracuse stint, he played C and Zettler didn't seem to like the results.

Not suggesting this in a Shattenkirk deal, but in a separate deal, you might not mind Filppula. He's a cap dump for us, but he would play well under Hitchcock. 2 years left on his deal.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Drouin is very unlikely to wind up playing C. It would be ideal, but in his catastrophic Syracuse stint, he played C and Zettler didn't seem to like the results.

Not suggesting this in a Shattenkirk deal, but in a separate deal, you might not mind Filppula. He's a cap dump for us, but he would play well under Hitchcock. 2 years left on his deal.

We absolutely don't want Filppula, we have enough middling players.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Would probably leave too big a hole at center. We'll need Point, Peca, or (maaaaaybe) Namestnikov to emerge as a 2C before we can move Johnson, I think.

What does St. Louis need right now? A center?

What about something like,

To Dallas: Bishop
To Tampa Bay: Shattenkirk
To St. Louis: Honka or Nichushkin (+), Namestnikov or Killorn

Add a pick to TB from St.Louis and it looks good

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Some fans might have loved to have Bish, but the GM has firmly committed to Allen so it won't happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad