Parayko-Trouba
Shattenkirk-Myers

Hellebuyck

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I'd laugh. Can't imagine Roger Goodell would be too pleased with that turn of events.

As much as I think St. Louisans are over the NFL and their corruption, I think the community would rally behind the Busch family and imbrace a new club, if only as a way of rewarding that family for going out of their way to try to right a very painful wrong. I don't think people would be too excited about the Jets...but the Busch family would be heroes and deserving of support. I'd bet most people in St. Louis would prefer this not happen to be honest, because it's easier to hate the league and not have to deal with such a morally dispicable conundrum. You can't support the owners without supporting the league...and the whole thought of reimbracing the NFL feels dirty.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Schwartz-Scheifele-Tarasenko
Ehlers-Fabbri-Laine
Steen-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Brodziak-Lowry

Pietrangelo-Buff
Parayko-Trouba
Shattenkirk-Myers

Hellebuyck

This should be the proposal to the NHL to keep the league at 30 until another expansion team can make it 32. I mean, who REALLY wants 31 teams?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Was never a Rans fan. All St. Louis had to do was wait 1 more year and the next expansion team would have gone to St. Louis instead of Jaxonville. St. Louis brass had to get a team at all costs right at the moment and they paid for it in the end.

The NFL cares nothing for their fans or players. They could have a much better product but money breeds greed. It's crazy how they hold cities hostage over paying for stadiums. They've flooded the market with games all during the week.

I would have laughed at myself for saying this 20 years ago but I've watched too many games and seen how Vegas always makes money not to think the NFL is rigged to a large degree.

Doesn't matter to me either way as it's not entertaining. I can't see any way St. Louis would ever get another NFL team and I can't see how anyone in St. Louis would support it but to each their own.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
The thing is, if STL is to get a another NFL team, it needs to be a expansion team.

We have gotten 2 teams that have been in other cities before and both left. I think of it like when going to adopt a dog. Sure, every dog is great and you love them once you get them, but there is something extra special when you get a puppy that you have grow up with you instead of a senior dog.

STL needs a expansion team, a team like the Jets or anyone else moving here is going to have the same issues the Rams did once they suck over and over again because until 30-40 years go by, there is no loyalty.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I agree with the guys saying it needs to be an expansion team. The city is becoming a great hockey city with the early exit of the Cardinals as of late from the post season and it's bringing a lot of new fans. I remember when we would play the Blackhawks and red jerseys would outnumber us 60/40. I've not seen that in the last couple of years. Besides, I quit watching football with all of the scandals. There have been too many to name in the last ten years and it soured my stomach towards the league. The whole Kaepernick thing was the last straw for me. I don't plan to ever watch another game again unless the integrity of the league changes.

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
San Diego refused to pay for the Chargers' billion dollar playpen so after 55 years they bailed for the $$$ in LA. Screw 'em. I'm pretty much over the NFL.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Only football I care about is collegiate. I can care less what the NFL does and hope it stays out of STL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad