1) Klim Kostin - 61.3%
2) Scott Perunovich - 50%
3) Zachary Bolduc - 45.9%
4) Jake Neighbours - 63.8%
5) Simon Robertsson - 35.8%
6) Nikita Alexandrov - 62.1%
7) Joel Hofer - 72.1%
8) Colten Ellis - 33.3%

Back-to-back goalies selected in the poll as Colten Ellis takes the #8 spot in the list. And for as much as goalies are incredibly hard to predict, it isn't surprising he is as high on the list as he is. He had, arguably, the most impressive season out of any of the prospects on the list in its entirety. Sure, there are plenty of arguments for other players like Kostin, Kessel, and the like. But for a goalie to go 23 - 1 with a 1.73 GAA and a .926 SV% while setting a record for the most career shutouts in a QMJHL career is definitely an exciting sign of his capabilities. Now of course that might mean nothing. Evan Fitzpatrick was one of the most, if not the most, important reason the Titan won the memorial cup in 2018 and I don't think we need to look any further to figure out how well that worked out for him. But Ellis's career has been that of a quality junior starter regardless of whether he is with Rimouski or Charlottetown. He will start his pro career as soon as this next season (I believe, but correct me on that if I'm wrong... please), so we will see if his junior career will translate. But as of now, there is no reason to doubt Ellis personally. All doubts will be similar to any other goalie, Hofer included. I think the Blues have done a fairly good job with its goaltending selections the last few years and that's best highlighted by the duo of Hofer and Ellis.

With that said, let's vote for #9!

Last edited:

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Kessel. Highest upside of the remaining prospects.
Same. I really like loof too and Peterson has an interesting ceiling.
Our prospect group is probably one of the more underrated and un-sexy groups in the league but filled with good hockey players.

even zherenko, Washkurak, Galloway, toropxhenko and Dickinson have lower end nhl upside

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Not even to 10 and starting to wonder if it’s worth even voting. In the past I would start asking that question in the 15-20 range.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Going with another goalie here in Zherenko. I really, really like our goalie crop. While most or all might bust, they are all legit prospects at the position. Zherenko is the one I have seen the least of by a good margin. Going by scouting reports, he has good size and supposedly great athleticism. His biggest issue seems to be losing track of the puck. That is something I think can be worked on. He has put up really good numbers in the MHL (Russian juniors). But he also put up decent numbers in the VHL. The VHL is an adult league, so that is impressive playing against men as an 18 and then again 19 year old.

I normally wouldn't go with a 3rd goalie here but the other prospects are either just as boom bust (kessel) or just don't have a high ceiling at all.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Still some good prospects left, but they are bottom 6/bottom pairing guys. Not likely any stars remaining on list. I went with Dickinson.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Going with another goalie here in Zherenko. I really, really like our goalie crop. While most or all might bust, they are all legit prospects at the position. Zherenko is the one I have seen the least of by a good margin. Going by scouting reports, he has good size and supposedly great athleticism. His biggest issue seems to be losing track of the puck. That is something I think can be worked on. He has put up really good numbers in the MHL (Russian juniors). But he also put up decent numbers in the VHL. The VHL is an adult league, so that is impressive playing against men as an 18 and then again 19 year old.

I normally wouldn't go with a 3rd goalie here but the other prospects are either just as boom bust (kessel) or just don't have a high ceiling at all.
I am pretty much in the same boat.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
for me it's between Lööf and Kessel. Kessel has a good shot, but doesn't set up his teammates very much. He has good size, and skates decently, but it's not a strength above average.
Lööf might become a good 2-way D-Man, but a lot of European defence prospects don't do nearly as well in the NHL game as they do in Sweden , in standing up to the physical game on the smaller ice. I really haven't seen enough of these 2 players to single one out above the other. I'd guess that Lööf probably has a lower floor and bigger bust potential, and a slightly higher ceiling. I'll go with the safer bet, and pick Kessel for #9. But I'm not excited either way.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Dylan "Norm" Peterson

I watched Dylan play multiple games in the Summer showcase in person. I was not really impressed. He is physical, but doesn't present anything offensively. I hope he gets better on the board play, but I highly doubt he even makes Team USA this year. T. Dickinson is a better player at this point - smaller, but quicker and more skilled. I know fans are hoping for Peterson's offense to take off, but I don't see it.

I have gone with Kessel.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I watched Dylan play multiple games in the Summer showcase in person. I was not really impressed. He is physical, but doesn't present anything offensively. I hope he gets better on the board play, but I highly doubt he even makes Team USA this year. T. Dickinson is a better player at this point - smaller, but quicker and more skilled. I know fans are hoping for Peterson's offense to take off, but I don't see it.

I have gone with Kessel.
Appreciate your insight. I went with Dickinson. He seems to have had much better showcase after basically wasted year.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

I have gone with Kessel.
At least Dylan is in a great program at Boston University. We’ll see this season or next if he has what it takes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad