• Keean Washkurak

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Scotty P is taking #5 without question.

#5 poll is ready, but I will wait about an hour to post it in case I need to add anyone else.

2022 Prospect Rankings:

#1 Zachary Bolduc (75.8%)
#2 Jake Neighbours (50.9%)
#3 Jimmy Snuggerud (51%)
#4 Scott Perunovich (86.8%)
#5?

You can change your vote.

Poll closes in 2 days.

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
It’s between Hofer and Toropchenko for me. Torpo is a safer bet as he’s basically already made it but Hofer has a chance to be a starting goalie. Even if he just becomes a backup, that’s still likely more valuable than a 4th liner.

Torpo has exceeded my expectations though. I doubt he’s ever more than a 4th liner that gets 3rd line time when he’s really on as he has hands of stone and near zero finishing ability but with his speed, tenacity and ability to wreck havoc, he’s shown he can be a very useful energy guy. A team can feed off that. Being that fast at his size is quite rare.

Reactions: Blueston

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Voted for Alexandrov. I don't rank goalies highly at all, so Hofer - and by extension, Ellis and Zherenko - is way down the list for me. Meanwhile, Alexandrov is a center who could likely slot middle-six at his peak and bottom six as a safe floor. Toropchenko is probably my sixth, followed by Klim Kostin and Simon Robertsson.

Also, you put Koromyslov in the list twice. 😛

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
For me there’s a few here that are interchangeable due to past potential and what they’re projecting towards now.
Kostin has plenty of potential but seems pretty arrogant slash bullheaded on being a scorer and needs to adapt; Toropchenko has the tools but embraces a checking role which he is great at; Bitten has been lauded as being a great 2 way forward but hasn’t been able to translate it; Alexandrov is said to be good at a lot of things and is adjusting to the NA game; then there’s Robertsson who has the shot but we’re still waiting for him to round out.
I’m going to go with Toropchenko since he’s shown he can play the game the right way, but still holding a smal glimpse of hope for Kostin (though it’s fading).

Edit: It’s easy to forget about goalies which is look like we have solid ones in the pipelines. Hofer will be my next choice because has has shown he can at least be adequate and of course he has the attributes of a modern goalie

Last edited:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
After number 6 my list pretty much stops because I will be throwing darts with a blindfold on mostly.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Voted for Alexandrov. I don't rank goalies highly at all, so Hofer - and by extension, Ellis and Zherenko - is way down the list for me. Meanwhile, Alexandrov is a center who could likely slot middle-six at his peak and bottom six as a safe floor. Toropchenko is probably my sixth, followed by Klim Kostin and Simon Robertsson.

Also, you put Koromyslov in the list twice. 😛
Oops.. That's cuz he is twice the man as all the others. HAHAHAHA

I am really high Alexandrov and think he will be a decent NHL player in exactly the roles you've mentioned.

I would suggest adding Leo Lööf going forward.

Maybe take the place of the duplicate Koromyslov. 😜
I meant to put Loof in the other Koromyslov slot. oh well. But I need to get that right cuz, I got Alexandrov next and then Loof.

--

Really surprised to see Hofer with the lead. Like Memento, I don't rate goalies high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Memento

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Oops.. That's cuz he is twice the man as all the others. HAHAHAHA

I am really high Alexandrov and think he will be a decent NHL player in exactly the roles you've mentioned.

I meant to put Loof in the other Koromyslov slot. oh well. But I need to get that right cuz, I got Alexandrov next and then Loof.

--

Really surprised to see Hofer with the lead. Like Memento, I don't rate goalies high.
Maybe I’m wrong but I just don’t see it with Alexandrov. Don’t think he’ll make it. Just looked at the list I made back in July and I had him 13th. And that was without Perunovich, Torpo and Kostin.

Hopefully I’m undervaluing him and he becomes something but I see him as similar to Maxim Letunov. No real weakness to his game but nothing that stands out either that’ll take him to the next level.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Maybe I’m wrong but I just don’t see it with Alexandrov. Don’t think he’ll make it. Just looked at the list I made back in July and I had him 13th. And that was without Perunovich, Torpo and Kostin.

Hopefully I’m undervaluing him and he becomes something but I see him as similar to Maxim Letunov. No real weakness to his game but nothing that stands out either that’ll take him to the next level.
Totally fair observation and perspective.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Not to be a sourpuss, but the prospect pool hasn’t been less exciting in my memory. I realize this was a deliberate trade off to optimize the Cup chances. But when I look at other teams’ lists it’s kind of sobering. Sure, one of Snuggerud, Neighbors or Bolduc (or someone out of nowhere) may end up being a Kyrou-like story where a guy hits his ceiling and then some, all-star caliber. But it’s more likely there are only complimentary players.

I think it’s likely this coming season is the last real gasp, and then the slide. Maybe Armstrong will pull a rabbit out of his hat like he did with Buchnevich. Voting In these polls has me bracing for a slide.

Reactions: Celtic Note

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Went with Hofer. I think Alexandrov and Kessel are interesting at this point too. Alexandrov seems like a solid player who could become a 3C if he keeps progressing. Kessel had a nice NCAA career and it seems like the organization thought he showed promise playing for Springfield at the end of the year. I like Toropchenko too but I just don't see any upside.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Not to be a sourpuss, but the prospect pool hasn’t been less exciting in my memory. I realize this was a deliberate trade off to optimize the Cup chances. But when I look at other teams’ lists it’s kind of sobering. Sure, one of Snuggerud, Neighbors or Bolduc (or someone out of nowhere) may end up being a Kyrou-like story where a guy hits his ceiling and then some, all-star caliber. But it’s more likely there are only complimentary players.

I think it’s likely this coming season is the last real gasp, and then the slide. Maybe Armstrong will pull a rabbit out of his hat like he did with Buchnevich. Voting In these polls has me bracing for a slide.
Yeah, it’s not a great prospect pool. I think there’s going to be a fair number of guys that end up making it but not really any that will truly move the needle much. Not much in terms of being difference makers.

But they’ve at least hit on most of the trades, bringing in established players for picks/prospects. ROR and Buch were easily worth the draft capital they cost. Likely Schenn too. Scandella no and I think the Leddy price was a bit too high but for the most part, they at least haven’t squandered the picks they’ve been trading away.

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
Tanner Dickinson is the choice here. Had he not broken his leg he'd be thought of in the same light as our top 3. If he's healthy he's a legit prospect.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Yeah, it’s not a great prospect pool. I think there’s going to be a fair number of guys that end up making it but not really any that will truly move the needle much. Not much in terms of being difference makers.

But they’ve at least hit on most of the trades, bringing in established players for picks/prospects. ROR and Buch were easily worth the draft capital they cost. Likely Schenn too. Scandella no and I think the Leddy price was a bit too high but for the most part, they at least haven’t squandered the picks they’ve been trading away.
Add Faulk to that too as far as trades and capital goes

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Tanner Dickinson is the choice here. Had he not broken his leg he'd be thought of in the same light as our top 3. If he's healthy he's a legit prospect.

No he wouldn't. Even if he was secretly the second coming of Connor McDavid, we wouldn't vote him that high. He was drafted 4th round and no national pundits are hyping him. That is 95% of what these polls are. Regurgitating draft position and hype from pundit's prospect rankings, or maybe an Armstrong interview where he mentions a prospect.

From what I have seen he could be a bit of a sleeper. His speed and overall skating is legit. He had a lot he needed to improve upon though from my viewings. (shot, defense) The broken leg did impact how much I could watch to watch him this past season (as well as less time spent watching prospects in general last year), but reports are saying he took some good steps forward. I like Hofer, Ellis and probably Robertsson better still. But I don't fault you for picking him as the next skater prospect.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
This poll closes in about 7 hours.

Interesting takes on Tanner Dickinson. I hope one of he or Peterson takes the next step.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I chose Robertsson, because of his possible offensive upside, over Hofer, because goalies are really hard to peg at whatever stage of their careers. Their development, and even career arc, is a very highly mental dependent. And they can have everything click, all at once without warning, and be terrific at goaltending for years straight, but also, they can lose confidence at any point, and the rest of their careers can go down the toilet. Toropchenko is probably next for me, but he has a big "IF", that depends upon his being able to work on his puck-handling and scoring-related skills, and take a big leap in those areas. Kostin might be next after him, but I'm losing more and more faith in him as time ticks away.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
It was between Toropchenko and Hofer for me. Hofer has the higher ceiling, but Toro is a guaranteed NHL'er. I went with Toro because, goalies ...

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I think that's a bit of a stretch but I agree he would be the pick here if he hadn't been injured and kept performing to the same level. It was a very serious injury though that will cost him a lot of important development time.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I think that's a bit of a stretch but I agree he would be the pick here if he hadn't been injured and kept performing to the same level. It was a very serious injury though that will cost him a lot of important development time.
This is fair.

Tanner Dickinson IS a legit prospect. He was on his way to a very good season. But agreed that is a very serious injury. I still have him fairly high on my list but I also want to see how he looks when he returns this season. I’ll be interested to see where and what level he plays.

Reactions: LGB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad