Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top-20 Prospects: #16

Who is the St. Louis Blues' #16 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
2022 Prospect Rankings:

#1 Zachary Bolduc (75.8%)
#2 Jake Neighbours (50.9%)
#3 Jimmy Snuggerud (51%)
#4 Scott Perunovich (86.8%)
#5 Joel Hofer (50%)
#6 Alexei Toropchenko (55.3%)
#7 Nikita Alexandrov (33.3%)
#8 Matt Kessel (38.7%)
#9 Klim Kostin (51.4%)
#10 Leo Lööf (31%)
#11 Simon Robertsson (26.7%)
#12 Michael Buchinger (28.0%)
#13 Colten Ellis (23.5%)
#14 Aleksanteri Kaskimäki (39.4%)
#15 Tanner Dickinson (32.3%)
#16 ?

You can change your vote.

Poll closes tomorrow.

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Koromyslov again.

Higher 2nd round quality player That went in the 4th due to the Russian factor. He dropped in my rankings because it's unknown how hard it will be for him to eventually leave Russia, if that's going to be possible at all.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Wow! Laferriere has surely dropped quite a bit in the eyes of Blues' fans here! At one time, there was a groundswell of hope for him. It seems to be all gone.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Why not? He’s already signed to an AHL contract.
I'm reading the NHL CBA section 8.9 and don't see how Bakanov falls under any condition listed there that is required for signing NHL deal. AHL deal indeed should be possible, but it doesn't give the Blues any exclusive rights to sign him.
Why? These polls have no consequence.
Sure, but still I thought it would be good to have some sort of criteria like that there.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I'm reading the NHL CBA section 8.9 and don't see how Bakanov falls under any condition listed there that is required for signing NHL deal. AHL deal indeed should be possible, but it doesn't give the Blues any exclusive rights to sign him.

Sure, but still I thought it would be good to have some sort of criteria like that there.
Is he still draft eligible then?

I know there’s a window in which players who are draft eligible can be signed if they go undrafted but I don’t recall the specifics. It’s a situation that happens so rarely.

I want to say the Blues did that with Dimitrii Sergeev a number of years ago.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Is he still draft eligible then?

I know there’s a window in which players who are draft eligible can be signed if they go undrafted but I don’t recall the specifics. It’s a situation that happens so rarely.

I want to say the Blues did that with Dimitrii Sergeev a number of years ago.
Yeah, you can do this if a player played in NA in the prior season, but Bakanov spent the last two seasons in the KHL and according to this 8.9 section of the CBA that I mentioned I don't see how he falls under any of these eligibility conditions (but maybe there's something more tricky than I can understand for now though). As for the draft he was eligible this year, but it should've been the last year of his eligibility, as he played in the CHL before.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

I've read that he was signed by the Blues to a PTO and also read that he's signed to an AHL contract with Springfield, but I can't find a link regarding the AHL deal.

While Bakanov is not Blues' "property", we most likely have first dibs on him.

And besides, his last name begins with a B (for Blues) and Andre the Giant used to wrestle in St. Louis, sooooooo......

Reactions: Caser

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I've read that he was signed by the Blues to a PTO and also read that he's signed to an AHL contract with Springfield, but I can't find a link regarding the AHL deal.

While Bakanov is not Blues' "property", we most likely have first dibs on him.

And besides, his last name begins with a B (for Blues) and Andre the Giant used to wrestle in St. Louis, sooooooo......
Blues get several standout performances in Traverse CIty

Here’s where it says he’s signed to an AHL deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad