8) Colten Ellis - 33.3%
9) Matt Kessel - 48.8%
10) Alexei Toropchenko - 27.3%
11) Tyler Tucker - 43.6%
12) Leo Loof - 32.4%
13) Tanner Dickinson - 35.7%
14) Vadim Zherenko - 35.3%
15) Dylan Peterson - 48.6

Dylan Peterson takes the 15th spot in the list. I don't have much to say other than he's a fine example of a toolsy player. He's got the aggression, the powerful skating, and the physical presence to be an effective bottom-6 player simply with those tools alone. His play with the puck is basic. Nothing wrong, but nothing that will leave me wanting more. I know pundits highlight his heavy shot, but I don't find it anything special personally. it lacks the refinement in its release I would want to really say it's a weapon that this stage. Yet, there are quite a few big believers in Peterson to be a talented, or at least effective, power forward that could play higher than the 4th line. Again, I think it's mainly due to the tools I praised earlier, but his high tempo game is similar to someone like Kreider at that age. He creates havoc by forcing the defence to react quicker, forcing mistakes, or has the defence push back, giving more space for linemates. The difference being that Kreider's play with the puck was significantly better so he was much more consistent offensive threat. I don't wish to make Peterson sound bad. He has the ability to reach the NHL, I have no doubt about that. I do view him as a Neighbours with even less likelihood to become more than a high-energy middle-6 option. There's nothing wrong with that and the fact we're at #15 and still can find NHL upside is something that should be applauded, regardless if it's a bottom-6 role.

Now, onto #16.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Went with Washkurak.

Think he could very well become a 4th line pest for us at some point in his career.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Went with Laferriere. He has the most potential out of those left, and his offensive skills could make him a potential middle-sixer/high-end bottom-sixer.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Who has been ranked the lowest on one of these polls and went on to become a regular NHL player for the Blues eventually? What was Binnington's low mark?

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Who has been ranked the lowest on one of these polls and went on to become a regular NHL player for the Blues eventually? What was Binnington's low mark?
Here's the prospect rankings from the 2013 offseason. (earliest offseason threads still on HF)

2014 offseason

2015 offseason

2016 offseason

2017 offseason

Anything more recent than this is not useful yet.

Looks to me that Edmundson, Binnington and Blais were ranked lower than their eventual effectiveness in the NHL.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Washkurak and Laferrierre both will sky rocket from these rankings.

We should do ballot poll too after normal rankings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad