Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top-20 Prospects: #15

Who is the St. Louis Blues' #15 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
2022 Prospect Rankings:

#1 Zachary Bolduc (75.8%)
#2 Jake Neighbours (50.9%)
#3 Jimmy Snuggerud (51%)
#4 Scott Perunovich (86.8%)
#5 Joel Hofer (50%)
#6 Alexei Toropchenko (55.3%)
#7 Nikita Alexandrov (33.3%)
#8 Matt Kessel (38.7%)
#9 Klim Kostin (51.4%)
#10 Leo Lööf (31%)
#11 Simon Robertsson (26.7%)
#12 Michael Buchinger (28.0%)
#13 Colten Ellis (23.5%)
#14 Aleksanteri Kaskimäki (39.4%)
#15 ?

You can change your vote.

Poll closes in 2 days.

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Went with Peterson, the forgotten prospect. Considered Dickinson but I'm concerned about Dickinson injury deraling him. Also considered Zherenko and Koromyslev.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Dickinson has the most upside left, but that injury has me worried.

Tucker is the closest to NHL ready so I went with him.

Bitten, McGing and Washkurak right behind him.
Really hoping Laferriere has a better season.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Dickinson has the most upside left, but that injury has me worried.

Tucker is the closest to NHL ready so I went with him.

Bitten, McGing and Washkurak right behind him.
Really hoping Laferriere has a better season.
Yep. I’ve still got Dickinson, in this spot although his injury is worrisome, and then I have Tucker and maybe McGing next.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I’m going to have to give this one some thought.

Dickinson would be the easy vote for me here if he hadn’t broken his femur. But he’s still not skating so that’s definitely a concern.

I really like McGing’s intangibles and smart play. Not sure he’ll make it at his size though.

In the brief video I’ve seen, Koromyslov is very solid defensively, particularly against the rush. Defends the blue line very well. And he’s mean. Has a mean streak like Edmundson and Mikkola had as prospects.

Sim…didn’t do much in Jrs but he’s sure looked good in informal settings since being drafted.

Zherenko…I’ve barely found any tape on him so he’s a complete unknown outside of his stats. But he was good in Liiga so he’s a legit goalie prospect. I think he’ll beat out Ellis for the 2nd AHL job.

I don’t see much value beyond that group. Clearly Tucker is going to win a poll soon but I don’t think he’ll make it. He’s done fantastic for a 7th rd pick but his mobility is still poor and the only thing I see he’s particularly good at is being dirty. I like his physicality but he crosses the line a lot too.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Went with Peterson, the forgotten prospect. Considered Dickinson but I'm concerned about Dickinson injury deraling him. Also considered Zherenko and Koromyslev.

Dylan Peterson, votes: 0 ;)

Went with Koromyslov, going Peterson after him.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I don’t have Tyler Tucker in my top 20. Regardless how “close” he is in terms of development and experience, I just don’t think he a good enough hockey player to make the NHL as anything other than an emergency call up. Would be a very pleasant surprise or the result of a catastrophe if he is ever higher than 9-10th on the depth chart.

Went with Dickinson, but obviously the injury is a big concern.

Then Zherenko, Koromyslov, Washkurak, McGing, and Sim in some order for me.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Going to do one-day polls for #s 16-20 and then stop.

I doubt Tucker catches up to Dickinson, so I'll start #16 soonish.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I don’t have Tyler Tucker in my top 20. Regardless how “close” he is in terms of development and experience, I just don’t think he a good enough hockey player to make the NHL as anything other than an emergency call up. Would be a very pleasant surprise or the result of a catastrophe if he is ever higher than 9-10th on the depth chart.

Went with Dickinson, but obviously the injury is a big concern.

Then Zherenko, Koromyslov, Washkurak, McGing, and Sim in some order for me.
I'm not sure about Tucker either. I like him and think he might be able to squeak out a modest NHL career. Not bad for a 7th-rounder. He's tough, so I hope the Blues keep him around to see what they have in him. He's got the motivation. It is, of course, up to Tyler. I think he can build off last season and earn an AHL contract.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'm not sure about Tucker either. I like him and think he might be able to squeak out a modest NHL career. Not bad for a 7th-rounder. He's tough, so I hope the Blues keep him around to see what they have in him. He's got the motivation. It is, of course, up to Tyler. I think he can build off last season and earn an AHL contract.
Yeah Tucker has come a long way in his development. His OHL scoring was a very pleasant surprise to me. Extremely impressive for a 7th round pick...I’m probably too hard on him. Would be awesome if he proves me wrong!

That said, I just changed my vote in #16 from Zherenko to Koromyslov to break the tie against Tucker :laugh:

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad