Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Prospect Ranking #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I think there is little doubt in my mind that Lindbohm is the next best prospect. They raved about him last year. He was by all accounts one of the best players at prospect camp standing out on D right there with Jordan Schmaltz. He plays and has been playing in a professional men's league, not juniors or college. He dominated for the Finns and was their captain in the WJCs. He is known as a physical and difficult player to play against as well. Doesn't get much attention, because of stats and draft position. He's gonna be a player. You can see it watching him.

goalies are difficult. binnington is here as well

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The rest have a lot of question marks. From here on, I go with highest high-end potential, rather than nearness to being NHL ready. I'm hoping a couple of the high risk, high reward picks pay off.

I went with Letunov, as he has a tremendous amount of skill, and has decent height, and his body could easily fill out, and, IF he is diligent, he can add on the strength necessary to make him very effective in The NHL.

Parayko is another, with similar high potential upside. So is Binnington, and lindbohm, and Vanelli. It's a crapshoot at this point. I have the feeling that Letunov will be a big surprise to a LOT of people. But, he won't to me.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I went with Parayko, but this is where the prospects start to get interesting. A strong case could be made for several of these guys. To me, Parayko has it all. I don't know much about him, but everything I read about him from scouts is that he's positionally sound, physical when he has to be, but doesn't chase hits, is a pain in the ass to play against, and just also happens to put up some very impressive offensive numbers. I look forward to seeing him play more often this season.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
So torn between Parayko and Vannelli. Parayko is just huge and solid. He has really come along in his development and has jumped several other prospects. Vannelli has the high-end potential to be a really good offensive D-man. He also had a pretty good year in juniors. I'm going to go with Vannelli, but it is a toss up either way. Binnington is also right up there. As I said last poll, Jake Allen in the show lowers his chances of making the NHL roster anytime soon. So my next three:

Vannelli, Parayko, then Binnington

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Lindbohm is my pick here. When I look over the remaining players on the list he stands out to me as the best bet to have a solid pro career. Like Perryturnbull fan I'm very bullish on him anyway and I think now is a good time to select him. Definitely understand Parayko votes though and he will be my next pick

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
So torn between Parayko and Vannelli. Parayko is just huge and solid. He has really come along in his development and has jumped several other prospects. Vannelli has the high-end potential to be a really good offensive D-man. He also had a pretty good year in juniors. I'm going to go with Vannelli, but it is a toss up either way. Binnington is also right up there. As I said last poll, Jake Allen in the show lowers his chances of making the NHL roster anytime soon. So my next three:

Vannelli, Parayko, then Binnington

Went with Binnington.

Not as big of a fan of Vannelli. He has a long way to go in the defensive side of things and that is a very big concern of mine. I would have preferred to see him go the NCAA route - similar to schmaltz - and focus on the defensive side of the game.

Binnington is safer, IMO. Very solid in his Jr. Career and played for Canada at the WJC. He played well in the ECHL last season and I look forward to seeing how he does against the AHL competition.

Parayko and Lindbohm are both further along in their development then Vannelli. They don't have his offensive upside, but both move the puck well and both are better in the dzone.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Went with Binnington.

Not as big of a fan of Vannelli. He has a long way to go in the defensive side of things and that is a very big concern of mine. I would have preferred to see him go the NCAA route - similar to schmaltz - and focus on the defensive side of the game.

Binnington is safer, IMO. Very solid in his Jr. Career and played for Canada at the WJC. He played well in the ECHL last season and I look forward to seeing how he does against the AHL competition.

Parayko and Lindbohm are both further along in their development then Vannelli. They don't have his offensive upside, but both move the puck well and both are better in the dzone.

I agree with this. Really a good problem 7-9 on your prospects list. Binnington, Parayko, and Lindbohm will all be able to contribute at their next level of competition. While I like Lindbohm with #7, Binnington has done nothing wrong to even put him up higher on this list. A 2.35 GAA with only 1 shut out tells me he wasn't up or down. He kept them in the game consistently. Like to see how he handles the AHL. Ville Husso should also get some attention. He was a steal where we got him and has #1 goalie potential.

Vannelli to me is a wild card with far more bust potential than any of these guys mentioned. He needed to go the NCAA route and probably get 3-4 years under his belt. Hopefully, Housley part deux can find his end of the ice and put on a few pounds.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Parayko
Vannelli
Binnington

Then it gets even harder...Not looking forward to arguing with myself over prospects that likely won't even touch NHL ice for more than a few games. :laugh:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
We've reached the part of the summer where I stop voting in the poll because I don't know enough about the rest of the prospects to have an opinion. I'm very curious how the informed posters vote the rest of the way, but sometimes I think they're getting drowned out by uninformed voters.

I do appreciate when people post the reasons they rank a particular prospect at this point.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I just voted Parayko because I'm excited about what he can potentially bring - a huge, physical force on the blueline that we clearly lack. He may not be the 'best' (I'd say Vannelli and Binnington have the most potential NHL talent) but I like Parayko. Either way, these three I just named will be my next 3 votes.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
IMO, the votes are pretty much where they should be as I see this as a toss-up between Parayko and Lindbohm at this point with Binnington, Vannelli, Husso & Letunov pretty much all in the same tier IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad