GDT: St. Louis Blues @ Florida Panthers | FSMW - KMOX 1120 | 6:30 PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
If Oshie somehow knew the play would continue for over a minute, getting a stick would have been the better play. Usually you're going to get a clear or stoppage much quicker though.
That's true, but it's not like Oshie is going to be a part of that if it happens (or contribute much else defensively until it does). Does it really matter if he's there?

My philosophy runs counter to the way things are generally done, but I'm still a believer in it. I see plays continue for a long time much more often than I see a stickless defender make a play on the PK.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
That's true, but it's not like Oshie is going to be a part of that if it happens (or contribute much else defensively until it does). Does it really matter if he's there?

My philosophy runs counter to the way things are generally done, but I'm still a believer in it. I see plays continue for a long time much more often than I see a stickless defender make a play on the PK.

I'm unsure. Oshie wasn't completely useless out there, he was blocking shooting lanes and helping the PK force the Panthers into quick plays as opposed to the methodical setup you might see on a 5 on 3. I wouldn't be upset to see a guy go get a stick or a change in that situation though.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Wow, the Florida announcers took a break from an exceptionally long discussion of eating and sandwiches during play to actually describe the play.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
congrats guys, your team is awesome, wish them good luck for the rest of the season and the play offs which I'm sure is a lock this season (no jinx)
our team is pathetic and we've been totally dominated these 2 games , no chance against the Blues
Don't get so down on your team man, you guys are just rebuilding and have some solid pieces for the future. Always look up even when you're down. Stay positive and you guys will be back in a few years.

floydmurphy

Feb 4, 2009
Just blacked out and had a seizure then started sucking my thumb when I heard Kelly say "And Boyes shot wide!!"

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Cracks blocking a slapper up 4-0 in the 3rd. Hitch is going to love that.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Stewart all alone in on goal, but the puck rolled off his stick, and he shot it wide. Too bad. It would have been nice to have him score 2 goals and 1 assist this game.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I'm unsure. Oshie wasn't completely useless out there, he was blocking shooting lanes and helping the PK force the Panthers into quick plays as opposed to the methodical setup you might see on a 5 on 3. I wouldn't be upset to see a guy go get a stick or a change in that situation though.
I thought the Panthers penetrated the middle of the ice almost at will once Oshie broke his stick. There were several dangerous chances from the mid-slot, or from someone coming into the middle from his wing uncontested.

It looks like Fred posted the video, so I'll go back and take a look at that here in a bit.

floydmurphy

Feb 4, 2009
congrats guys, your team is awesome, wish them good luck for the rest of the season and the play offs which I'm sure is a lock this season (no jinx)
our team is pathetic and we've been totally dominated these 2 games , no chance against the Blues

I'm not sure what game you're watching but I am seeing a Blues team taking advantage of their chances and a relentless Panthers team (at times) that could easily have made this a game in the 2nd period.

It's a long season buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad