GDT: St. Louis Blues @ Florida Panthers | FSMW - KMOX 1120 | 6:30 PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Backes, Oshie, Steen. Those guys are so good.

talking about consistant scoring or consistant effort?

Consistent impact. I'm agnostic on the whole lazy question. Never really thought he was lazy but he's also not anywhere close to the hardest worker on the team. Easton did a really good analysis of Stewart a few days ago in another thread.

Bottom line is if he's still on the team come the playoffs he finally needs to turn in an impact there because those are the games that matter. That's how I'll judge him this season. The playoffs. We've seen him in the regular season already, he's not doing anything good or bad we haven't seen before.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Kind of nice to be able to say that, in a way.

Way to many lateral passes entering the offensive zone. Very low percentage play to try to thread the needle with one (or more) sticks in the passing lane, and it's dangerous because everyone is going the wrong way if something gets picked. Hitch won't be happy at all about those entries.

Like Stewart from the left on his backhand? ;)

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
Nice to see the Panthers haven't started gooning things up. Hopefully I don't jinx it. I'd rather see them take the game to us hard like they have the last shift or two.

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
would it be better for oshie to stay on the ice with no stick, or skate back to the bench, get a new stick and get back out there?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Steen, you have a 5 yr 25 mill contract on my desk. Please sign when you have time

-Doug Armstrong

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Valiant kill off after Oshie lost his stick for half the PP. A bit lucky , too. But Oshie was great, flinging his body around to get in the way and knock the puck away with his glove.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues would get pushed around so much more without Stewart. Some don't realize how much toughness he adds.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
would it be better for oshie to stay on the ice with no stick, or skate back to the bench, get a new stick and get back out there?

There was no real chance for Oshie to get a new stick until he left with the scrum in the corner. He played it right, and very valiantly, I must add.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Elliott looks good for someone coming off the bench!

Yeah, looks easy with the 4-0 score but who knows if we don't make it through the first 10 minutes when Florida were playing well. Impressed with how sharp he has looked.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I coached my kids to go get the stick. It's basically a 5-3 anyway as long as he doesn't have a stick. You can't close passing lanes, you can't effectively fight for rebounds, you can't effectively control an opponent, and it's way too easy to manipulate the stickless defender to get him out of shooting lanes if he's trying to block shots.

The fact that it's a long change makes it a bit tougher on your remaining defenders, but I think it's still worth it. You're talking 10-15 seconds to go get that stick. How much time did have with Oshie staying out there? Way more than that, and Oshie was worthless the entire time.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
If Oshie somehow knew the play would continue for over a minute, getting a stick would have been the better play. Usually you're going to get a clear or stoppage much quicker though.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
congrats guys, your team is awesome, wish them good luck for the rest of the season and the play offs which I'm sure is a lock this season (no jinx)
our team is pathetic and we've been totally dominated these 2 games , no chance against the Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad