GDT: St. Louis Blues and the Holy Fail| 8pm CST|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Here's what I gather is the story on Vegas. Short: It is not the case that Martinez isn't playing because of cap issues.

Vegas is carrying 21 guys on the active roster. Martinez can't play tonight because he's dinged up, Patrick Brown is also out because he's hurt. Because Vegas is slammed against the cap, they don't have room to call anyone up to play in the place of either guy. Hence, they have to play with 19 guys. They apparently had the same thing last week when Ryan Reaves was dinged and Chandler Stephenson was out suspended; they had to go with 16 skaters for the game.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Here's what I gather is the story on Vegas. Short: It is not the case that Martinez isn't playing because of cap issues.

Vegas is carrying 21 guys on the active roster. Martinez can't play tonight because he's dinged up, Patrick Brown is also out because he's hurt. Because Vegas is slammed against the cap, they don't have room to call anyone up to play in the place of either guy. Hence, they have to play with 19 guys. They apparently had the same thing last week when Ryan Reaves was dinged and Chandler Stephenson was out suspended; they had to go with 16 skaters for the game.
Ah. Thank, you.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I still wish Reaves was with us...

I missed him when it first happened but man Sunny is easily one of my favorite players.

Why the f*** are you starting a fight with Reaves when they have nothing going on? That's one way to give them momentum.

My thoughts as well. It’s a meathead move. Kyrou is gaining speed and you take the puck off his stick. LV wants a shift in momentum, so why engage. Can’t stand Clifford. He is a worthless player

Vegas was attempting to use their 4th line to start throwing big hits and get momentum, Clifford essentially neutered their 4th line and their plan to get momentum. The fight itself was very anti climatic and Reaves wasn't able to hype anyone up with that bear up Clifford had on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->