St. Louis and San Jose Watch (1st round picks)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So trading one of them really wouldn't be a big deal

It has always come down to what do you get for them.

People killed Murray for trading away late round 1sts. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a deal that makes sense for the Sabres to give up a 1st for.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This got awfully disappointing real fast.

San Jose is one of the elite teams in the NHL, and St. Louis has won 10 straight.
Amazing what happens when you combine decent coaching with skill and roster chemistry, isn't it though?

SJ identified a need, and targeted Kane to fill it.

St. Louis identified a need and targeted ROR to fill it.

The fact that both of those organizations had already been regular season success is no small fact. Success breeds success, money goes where money is....etc....etc.....

The first thing here in Buffalo is to win. Find a way to do it, this has been a disaster.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
So we wrecked our season and our reward is ending up with the next Stefan Matteau? Awesome!!!!!
Or two shots at the steal of the 2nd round, whomever that may be. There's one or two every year and with two picks we can make a safe one and a home run cut.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
We should definitely trust the guy who drafted Davidsson and Samuelsson with his high 2nds to make a home run pick in that range.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The hope is that STL doesn't crack the top 11 in the standings, so that we can stick Anaheim with the San Jose pick.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
The hope is that STL doesn't crack the top 11 in the standings, so that we can stick Anaheim with the San Jose pick.

Yeah.. Stl isn't cracking the top 10.

The only thing affecting the Montour trade conditions is Stl pick being 19 or better. We want that to happen so Anaheim gets the SJ pick and we keep the Stl pick

The Blues pick would currently be 20 so we need them to drop off in the standings just a bit

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Tampa Bay ties it on the PP

4-4 with 6 minutes to go

edit: nope, offside challenged

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Back to 4-3, with ROR and Barbashev keys to the kill, no less.

Let us meditate on what it means to be a Sabres fan.

Monks.gif

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Yeah if we lose 18th/19th overall and get 26-27th overall instead that would be pretty shit

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Botts is the mark.
Oh brother, this is getting ridiculous. Trades are a negotiation, you don't just get to name your terms. Anaheim's GM may not have taken just Guhle + SJ pick. I know we're all upset with where the team is now, but this isn't a video game and you can't just say the GM is an idiot because he gave away some value in a trade, at least not without just giving up on being objective.

I can already tell I will be completely ignoring this board during the offseason.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Oh brother, this is getting ridiculous. Trades are a negotiation, you don't just get to name your terms. Anaheim's GM may not have taken just Guhle + SJ pick. I know we're all upset with where the team is now, but this isn't a video game and you can't just say the GM is an idiot because he gave away some value in a trade, at least not without just giving up on being objective.

I can already tell I will be completely ignoring this board during the offseason.

Yes, trading is a negotiation, and so far the guy has one trade that he's negotiated that was a clear win for the team in 2 seasons. He hasn't done well with most of his trades, including a massive talent blunder and almost all of his roster building moves for two straight years. His teams are worse than the teams designed to actually be bad -- he's got a #1 center, 3 quality top-6 forwards in prime production years, and an amazing blueline talent so no, he does not get a pass for anything.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Yes, trading is a negotiation, and so far the guy has one trade that he's negotiated that was a clear win for the team in 2 seasons. He hasn't done well with most of his trades, including a massive talent blunder and almost all of his roster building moves for two straight years. His teams are worse than the teams designed to actually be bad -- he's got a #1 center, 3 quality top-6 forwards in prime production years, and an amazing blueline talent so no, he does not get a pass for anything.

If he lets skinner walk, was his one good trade even good?

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
In other words, you don't like the ROR trade so you're going to be irrational about the rest of it. This team is no worse talent-wise than any of the Murray teams, it's just got the worst coach in the league. That will get fixed after the season is over.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->