SSM Greyhounds 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I also liked McQueen. It will be interesting to see if he can still play once the game speeds up more, but he did a great job finding his teamates and putting them in space. Seems like a very cerebral player.

Gillen great again. Joining the rush every time it made sense to and ripped a great goal on a 3 on 2.

Cali great, physical player with an absolutely sick finish on his team's first goal.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Any word on where Carson Andrew is playing next year?

A couple of the prospect guys on Twitter say he's already on the radar for the 2026 NHL draft, but there wasn't any chatter about before the OHL draft.

Obviously with that kind of talent, he would have went much higher if teams thought he would sign, but I can't find anything on his commitments.

Last edited:

Sakic fan

Sep 23, 2023
Thought there was some positives out there today. Some players who caught my eye.

Elliott showed a nice release and some good speed. Reminds me of Nick Robertson. Looks like a great pick for round taken.

Andrew although playing with Martin looked like a player with potential and nice offensive skillset, Lagoutte also with Martin and both took advantage of opportunity.

Gillen showed flashes of offense but not very big or fast and needs work in D zone. Took a heavy hit and needs to play with less risk imo, a river boat gambler.

McQueen made some nice plays for a late pick, good size.

Cali a nice looking player with size and skill, made some nice in tight plays. Will fit in well and sees ice very well and protects puck and seemed to find nice spots on ice in offensive zone to make plays. Worked hard in D zone as well.

Pangretitsch big mobile D with some nice hands. Pinched and caught too often and left team out to dry on several 3 on 1, 2 on 1s will need to work on that. Not very physical for his size, was expecting more physicality but maybe not his style?

Kelly a nice size and lots of speed, agree with Houndzfan and could be a great checking type with skill.

Castiglione looks like another good sized forward with skill and speed.

Solomon was a physical presence, steam rolled a few, looked like alot of players were leary of him. Made easy outlets for his squad on effortless breakouts that led to many offensive transitions and shut down most rushes on his side with ease, reminds me of Gibson, blocks shots, hits, great passer, good body position and calm under pressure. Decked out in Greyhound gear too.

Allen made some nice plays on Defense and nice hit on Gillen. Skates well.

Martin was toying with players, can't wait to see him progress. We all know what we have here. 1st round pick 2025 NHL draft, likely WJC participant in 3rd/4th year.

Hayes was his usual spark plug self with tenacity and high offensive IQ. Expect him to explode and score 30 this year. Leadership qualities very noticeable.

Camputaro looks like goalie of the future. Massive size and moves with ease.

Thomas also made several nice saves and looks like a potential gamer.

Won't make it out tomorrow so hopefully get some more updates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad