Status
Not open for further replies.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Ouch 18th overall and no second really hurts
I know we have Windsor’s 2nd but so far they haven’t been called

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
What’s the lineup looking like? I know you were set for last year but Covid screwed you like everyone else. Problem is I think a lot of your players have aged out or you’ll need to decide who you keep.

lineup guess anyone?

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Hey guys! Hope all is well! 6 days away from a OHL schedule. Hounds did very well in the draft, and have signed some very talented players already. A high import pick too... I'm excited.

Don't think they're looking at this year as a rebuild year at all.

Please join us on Facebook as well at the Soo Greyhound Fan Page! Link is below!

Facebook Groups

Reactions: PuckLife

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Wow - 2004 Russian defender taken 6th. I would have bet that they would have rolled the dice on a goalie considering Ethan Taylor is the only “sure thing” reporting for camp this year.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I understand the concept and typical process with the import draft. I get that this first pick might be a long shot and the pick that comes in the second round is probably a pre-negotiated pick and at times, they are better than many players in the first round and are not taken because they are essentially spoken for.

https://www.reddit.com/link/li6ncm/video/m5p7is6l70h61/player

Last edited:

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Julian Lutz appears to be a player worth discussing.
I wonder if he was a negotiated pick?

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Just the latest bust for Raftis IMO. Inherited a top team he got way too much credit for and it's been a long line of questionable decisions since.
Some recent examples? Malik and Pytlik were busts. Wasted picks on guys like Cole Caulfield, John Beecher and Rutger McGroarty that are never going to report. And failing to recoup any picks when we had the opportunity to rebuild are a few big ones that immediately come to mind. How about another season with no starter? Is Ethan Taylor worth an OA spot to you guys?

I know his ever-shrinking fan club is going to come after me as always but Raftis has done nothing to deserve much praise since acquiring Raddysh.

Enjoy your summer! See y'all in the fall!

Last edited:

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
raftis is a very good general manager. Nothing more needs to be said
Mmmmmmmmm - would we say very good??

I may not spout off like DWI is but I could shine a spotlight on some of the dense decisions that have been made under his management in the last few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
0/17 on producing a bonafide starter is pretty bad no? it shouldn't be considered "spouting off" to talk about these things :)

Last edited:

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
I think fan choice would be Bobby Calisti, Billy Constantinou, and Cole Mckay.

Arguments could be made for Joe Carroll or Ethan Taylor possibly as well.
I could see Calisti, Kartye, and McKay.
We can carry a 4th through the start of the season and I could see that being Taylor providing Santa doesn’t drop a goalie on us in some magical way. See what the situation is like before cutting ties.

Reactions: DWI Dale

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Anyone have any opinions on which pipeline goalie prospects will have a legit shot of making the team this year? Do you think we will go with two new goalies are augment with an OA??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad