SSM Greyhounds 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Ontario sets a new 7 day record for cases and five more regions move up to the next level of lockdown.

This is so surreal. It feels like we are on an island in a sea of people who have given up or just don't care anymore.

Our prospects of seeing OHL hockey this season are pretty much gon. I'm so glad that the Thunderbird are playing at least. Connor Toms scored a nice game winning goal yesterday.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Thanks, yep. That's what happens when you skim a headline. 4 more cuts to make.

Team USA's World Junior Camp is Set

Beecher was in fact one of the 3 cuts. Caufield obviously made it though

Edit; turns out it was a covid cut. Although Beecher would've been suspended the first game of the tournament if he made it, from his Finland suspension last year

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyPops

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Doesn’t look good for a OHL season with the new lock downs a coming hopefully by next September OHL hockey will return
Have to feel sorry for the overages

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Doesn’t look good for a OHL season with the new lock downs a coming hopefully by next September OHL hockey will return
Have to feel sorry for the overages

My heart breaks for the players. We did our part here in the Soo, but people in other regions just weren't willing to make the same sacrifices. A season just wasn't meant to be I suppose.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
We did our part here in the Soo, but people in other regions just weren't willing to make the same sacrifices. A season just wasn't meant to be I suppose.
Careful you don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back lol. Living in an area with a much smaller population where people dont live on top of each other like they do in a big city doesn't make you the hero you're trying to make it seem like you are, I'm sorry

Reactions: Nerf27 and WKBCFAN

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Careful you don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back lol. Living in an area with a much smaller population where people dont live on top of each other like they do in a big city doesn't make you the hero you're trying to make it seem like you are, I'm sorry

There are dozens of examples of smaller communities that haven't followed guidelines and paid the price, one of which is right across our border.

Places that follow guidelines have low numbers and I am so proud of our community for doing that. I had the next Greyhounds game in mind ever time I put on that mask or avoided a social gathering. It shows how much we love the team.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I find myself obsessed by the WJC knowing there likely won’t be a OHL season. Feel really bad for the kids at every stage. The rookies, the kids in their NHL draft year, the OA’s all have so much to lose.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Nick Malik had a stellar game in net for the Czechs tonight. He's going to be a treat to watch whenever the Hounds play their next game. I expect he'll be one of the league's better goaltenders.
Agreed - he was really solid. Anyone know if he’s staying in Canada?

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Sounds like Morgan Frost might be a victim of numbers in Philly. Let’s hope it all pans out for him. I still think he’ll be a special player - especially if he developed his 200 ft game. “But I’ve liked the way I’ve competed, and I think I’m moving my feet well. I think the thing for me to to focus on some of the little details, and hopefully the offense will come. I’m just trying to focus on being a 200-foot player, and the details that the coaches share with us before practice. I think I can do some things offensively, but I can contribute in other ways, and it’ll give me a better chance to make the team.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->