SSM Greyhounds 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
J. Murray (SAG) suspended four games for checking to the head; I. Prosvetov (SAG) suspended five games as per league policy for batting the puck into the spectator area at a stoppage of play rosvetov finally got what he deserves 5 games LOL

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Bwahahahahahahahahaha.
Earned by both players, and I don't feel bad for their fans whom defended prosvetovs antics. I do feel bad for his spirit team mates whom suffer because of one players stupidity but it seems everybody but Saginaw fans and Chris Lazary saw this coming.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
Bwahahahahahahahahaha.
Earned by both players, and I don't feel bad for their fans whom defended prosvetovs antics. I do feel bad for his spirit team mates whom suffer because of one players stupidity but it seems everybody but Saginaw fans and Chris Lazary saw this coming.
you’re absolutely right I feel the same

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Some tidbits in the Sault Star article, in case anyone missed them
Hounds expect to sign Holmes soon

With the Hounds advancing to Game 6 of the second round of the playoffs, there were other, more-pressing matters for Kyle Raftis.

“We’re not close to signing anyone right now,” said Raftis

While unsure of how many players he would attempt to ink immediately to standard player contracts, “definitely” is the word Raftis used when asked if first-round pick Jacob Holmes would be offered a deal soon.

“And possibly some others,” the GM added.

After going through exit meetings with the players who finished the season with the Hounds, Raftis said he expects everyone to return.

“There’ll be lots of competition for each position and we’re excited about that,” he added.

Asked about import wingers Jaromir Pytlik and Roman Pucek, both of whom hail from the Czech Republic, Raftis said Pytlik wants to return for a second OHL season.

In fact, he spoke of how “both guys want to be back.”

However, Pucek had an injury riddled year, and at times was out of the lineup as a healthy scratch.
Asked about his status, Raftis would only say: “We’ll be dealing with that in the next few weeks.”
Reading between the lines, I expect Pucek to be released prior to the Import Draft. But it doesn't sound like any other moves will be made before training camp (ie. trading for an OA defenseman).

hounds72

Jan 10, 2017
Getting beecher and caulfield....its a pipe dream...but wow..imagine what kind of effect that would have in this team

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Getting beecher and caulfield....its a pipe dream...but wow..imagine what kind of effect that would have in this team
Watched the Americans play today and man does caufield look good and beecher is no slouch either getting those two to somehow report would be huge for the hounds to make them instant contenders again

Reactions: hounds72

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Great quote today from Mike Babcock, in response to not winning when you are expected to win. I feel like this applies to every team that makes the playoffs year over year, such as the Greyhounds have.

There are 23 teams sitting at home. What we have seen is that the league is very tight and there is lots fo disappointment. But your job is to knock on the door, knock on the door, knock on the door. Eventually, they’ll open the door. We are in a much better situation than we have been in any year prior to this.

Mike Babcock Interview April 25, 2019

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Do you have the list? Could you post please?

Certainly.

This is all time rank for NHL points. I added the rest of the top 20 for context.

1. Wayne Gretzky - 2857
5. Ron Francis - 1798
10. Phil Esposito - 1590
13. Paul Coffey - 1531
14. Joe Thornton - 1478
18. Adam Oates - 1420
19. Doug Gilmour - 1414
20. Dale Hawerchuk - 1409

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Certainly.

This is all time rank for NHL points. I added the rest of the top 20 for context.

1. Wayne Gretzky - 2857
5. Ron Francis - 1798
10. Phil Esposito - 1590
13. Paul Coffey - 1531
14. Joe Thornton - 1478
18. Adam Oates - 1420
19. Doug Gilmour - 1414
20. Dale Hawerchuk - 1409
Thanks

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Watched the Americans play today and man does caufield look good and beecher is no slouch either getting those two to somehow report would be huge for the hounds to make them instant contenders again
Let’s hope Toronto drafts Caufield but don’t think he will be around when the leafs pick or maybe Detroit they seem to let their players develop the right way

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Guelph wins today game 7 tomorrow night I hope they pull it off cheering for the storm thanks to the spirits goalie can’t stand watching goalies like that

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Other boards are talking about who will wear the letters this season. I would say it's obvious that if Hayton is back he gets the "C", but what about the others? Peca? MacKay? O'Rourke?

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
Other boards are talking about who will wear the letters this season. I would say it's obvious that if Hayton is back he gets the "C", but what about the others? Peca? MacKay? O'Rourke?
I think O'Rourke should get an A. How he carried himself as a 16 year old bodes well for a great leader going forward. Groom him to be captain in 2 years.

hounds72

Jan 10, 2017
Tip that net over in Saginaw. It's closed for the season.
That would be another great tradition to start too!

Reactions: DWI Dale

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Nice article about the Toronto Marlies, with praise for Sandin and Hollowell.
Sandin recorded four points in three contests–the most of any defenceman in the first round—while quarterbacking the teams’ first power play unit and eating up some of the most minutes of any blue-liner. Sandin even saw himself getting double-shifted from time-to-time, too.

I think the following quote about Hollowell is attributed to Sheldon Keefe:
Prospects like Mac Hollowell–fresh off an OHL campaign that saw him nominated for the leagues best defenceman and overage player– fared well for the Marlies when called upon. Hollowell suited up for two games in the first round, skating on the teams’ third pair with Sandin, his former junior teammate, in game three.

“No pro experience [but still] steps in to play in this series at two games for us. I thought he was outstanding. there’s no easy shifts, no easy matchups. It’s difficult for those young guys to play.”

Leafs Prospects Make Statement In Marlies’ First Round Sweep

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Watching Marlies right now and Hollowell and Sandin look great you would never know that it is Hollowells 3rd game playing like he played for the hounds
I would think Sandin will be on the leafs next season he is that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->