SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
sort of excited to see what Brkin can do.

i hope we don't leave him out to dry in his first game and he holds sudbury to a goal or two.

getting the "stink" out would be huge for the young guys to "turn the page".

Ben Leeson has some positive things to say about him early on. Looks like a veteran out there.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
sort of excited to see what Brkin can do.

i hope we don't leave him out to dry in his first game and he holds sudbury to a goal or two.

getting the "stink" out would be huge for the young guys to "turn the page".
Brkin does look good. Seems calm back there.

Reactions: HF92

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Brkin does look good. Seems calm back there.

I almost forgot what it was like for a goalie to make all of the routine saves. He even made a couple of great ones once Sudbury got going in the third.

We're a very good team and that's all he has to do. The skaters are way too talented to not score a ton of goals.

Reactions: BehindSooNet

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Excellent road win! We started slow but dominated much of the game after the first powerplay.

Brkin looked as confident as one could in the situation and had a helluva post game interview to boot.

Nice to get that monkey off our back.

Last edited:
Reactions: BehindSooNet

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
McCallum and Carroll will each be suspended 2 games

Tough on McCallum to get 2 games for getting absolutely ragdolled, but they both will for 2nd fight in the same stoppage
Guess Carroll finally got tired of being rabbit punched. Can't say I would have done differently, rookie or not.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Central Scouting recently issued an update.
O'Rourke - B -> B
Pytlik - B -> B
Dickinson - C -> B
Kerins - C -> B
MacKay - C -> C
Also, Nick Malik - C
NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch
This is great to see and very promising when trying to assess our future.
However, I’m still baffled by Pytlik showing as a B prospect and a few names registered as an A prospect.
Pro game is different and when generating these assessments, I would think and hope that would be taken into consideration. I believe Pytlik offers more upside at a pro level than some of those ohl A prospects on this list.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
So, I figured I would address some posts that have been floating around.
Sudbury fans are making fun of us on their site.
Hopefully they are more welcoming in their home rink than they are on their board.
My post was in reference to @louis post immediately above, nothing more.

What?? Did we push you out of our board? You misread a comment and took offence to it. Not sure what your referring to.
I did not misread anything, to the best of my knowledge. I replied to a post on the Sudbury board, addressing the content of the post. No more.

I didn't understand his comment either
You seem to instigate stuff on everyones board not good to attack other teams fans.
HockeyPops has never struck me as an instigator. I think that's my job around here :naughty:
Instigate? I post elsewhere at times, but I try to keep my posts focused on the previous posts, not those posting. Others seem to blur the lines between attacking the post vs. attacking the poster more so than I would choose.

And for those wondering, here was the exchange that is being referred to on the Sudbury board.

As usual, Byfield should be good for another 2 or 3 point night
As usual?
Oct 5, 2019 SBY @ SOO Byfield 0 pts, 3 shots.
Seems like the only ones taking offense to a comment are the Sudbury fans.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
It's all good Pops! lol

As usual, in general, on average..

But on this night Byfield got 1 point. Hounds did well.

Hounds will slowly crawl themselves out of the basement with their new goalie.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Hounds will slowly crawl themselves out of the basement with their new goalie.
Blows my mind that after both being waived by the WHL, Myskiw & Brkin are ranked 1 & 2 for both GAA & SV% in the OHL (albeit still a very small sample size). I wonder if Sudbury could find a 3rd WHL "castoff"?

Reactions: HF92

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
So, I figured I would address some posts that have been floating around.

My post was in reference to @louis post immediately above, nothing more.

I did not misread anything, to the best of my knowledge. I replied to a post on the Sudbury board, addressing the content of the post. No more.

Instigate? I post elsewhere at times, but I try to keep my posts focused on the previous posts, not those posting. Others seem to blur the lines between attacking the post vs. attacking the poster more so than I would choose.

And for those wondering, here was the exchange that is being referred to on the Sudbury board.

Seems like the only ones taking offense to a comment are the Sudbury fans.

Byfield does typically get 2 points a night... The game you reference was one game against the soo trying to disqualify the original posters comment. But if you do some research you will see that Byfield quite often gets 2 points a night. the original poster didn’t say anything that wasn’t valid. By taking a lot at one game you tried to debunk what the original poster said and then claimed that we weren’t welcoming you. Did someone say we should beat the soo, or that the soo is playing bad.Yep, but please tell me how this makes your comments not welcome to our board?

Are you saying he doesn’t USUALLY get two points by referring to one game against the soo? Not always but usually. He only got 1 last night, but he still typically pitches in offensively game in and game out.

so I ask what is your argument? I tried to have a conversation with you on our board and you simply left and made comments about us not welcoming you to our board. I took offence to this because I consider myself a pretty welcoming person trying to have decent hockey conversations with ppl that have a similar passion as I do. I was the only person to respond to you on our board when you made your comment on the soo board last night.

I wanted to have a good conversation with you about Byfields offensive production this season.
I appologize for taking offence to your post on the soo board last night.

good luck to you

newhound777

Apr 10, 2019
Central Scouting recently issued an update.
O'Rourke - B -> B
Pytlik - B -> B
Dickinson - C -> B
Kerins - C -> B
MacKay - C -> C
Also, Nick Malik - C
NHL Central Scouting Players to Watch

Great news for Dickinson and Kerins! I'm not surprised by O'Rourke, Pytlik or MacKay staying steady on rankings. Unfortunately, it's difficult to get excited about players when the team is struggling to win games. I hope last night is the first of many in a run or we will see our guys fall in the rankings.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I was the only person to respond to you on our board when you made your comment on the soo board last night.
I see why you might have taken offense, and it was certainly not my intention to direct any animosity towards you. The "not welcoming" post was only a response to louis's interpretation of events that he posted here "Sudbury fans are making fun of us on their site." I hadn't even read anything including your response over on the Sudbury board at that time.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
is the WHL exceptionally deep in goaltending, is the OHL lacking, or is it a combo of both?

i've certainly seen interleague players picked up off waivers but struggle to recall an instance of two goalies coming in from other leagues to take starting jobs.

we've been so spoiled with goaltending since Dubas brought in Jack Campbell that I forgot what it's like to not hav someone elite in net.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
That sounds like an apology to fischhaber :DD

Considering the hounds have been even worse than I predicted, not better as he predicted, I'm surprised that overconfident homer has even shown his face lately. He owes plenty of us an apology however but I won't hold my breath. But that's ok, the proof is in the results.

Last edited:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
It's interesting to note that we're scoring more goals that last season and have lowered our shots allowed from about 31.5 in 2018-19 to less than 30 this season.

The Greyhounds defensive system has always had some holes, but the troubles this season have been overstated due to goaltending.

We're actually better than last year on both sides of the puck and that should only improve if Brkin proves to be a calming influence that gives the skaters more confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->