SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
What do you guys think of Pytlik’s game so far? I hope to see him play here in Ottawa in February.

Pytlik is awesome. He is still raw, and makes some expected mistakes but he's high skill at high speed.

I think he needs to grow into his size a bit. There's a certain "man toughness" that emerges at 18 or 19 that he doesn't have yet.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Pytlik is awesome. He is still raw, and makes some expected mistakes but he's high skill at high speed.

I think he needs to grow into his size a bit. There's a certain "man toughness" that emerges at 18 or 19 that he doesn't have yet.
Thank you for the feed back! Excited to see him play. Hopefully he makes the Czech u-20 team this december

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
What do you guys think of Pytlik’s game so far? I hope to see him play here in Ottawa in February.

I’ll double down on DWI Dale’s comment here that Pytlik is awesome.
To add; he’s been effective at the face-off circle and adapted to the smaller North American ice surface fairly quickly. He uses his size and body a little more than we see most imports (with Sandin a recent exception) and that’s a good asset to show. I think I can say for all of us that we’re very happy that Pytlik is here and hope to see him representing his country during IIHF competition.

Edit: IIHF not IIFH

Last edited:

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Again a goal in the first minute. Maybe it’s time for the coaches to stay out of the dressing room before the game, because whatever they are doing it’s not helping the team.

Reactions: three dog night

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Even if Hayton plays 10+, he may still be sent back as the articles say. It would still save a year before he becomes a UFA. 40 games is the magic number for that.

Burning the First Year of a Rookie’s Entry Level Contract
I know he can be sent back to junior after 10 games, but would he still be paid his entry level contract, which I believe is $700000. Does not make sense to pay that much and sent back to junior. Has this ever happened to anyone before.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I think a lot of the prediction makers don't have a feel for what is going on in Sault Ste. Marie so I just want to post some thoughts. Anyone who follows the team is shaking their head and laughing at these statements.

The Greyhounds were the second youngest team in the entire league last season. Younger than Kingston, younger than Erie. Don't be confused by them nearly winning the Conference. That was the rebuild, it's over.

They don't even have many veterans to sell if they wanted to. The core of the 96 point team last year was built on 2001 players and they are all back.

We can debate how good the team really is but they are built to win a playoff round for a league best 7th consecutive season and management has made their intentions clear. A Memorial Cup run is expected of this team in each of the next 2 or 3 seasons and they will make the necessary moves in their own unique style.

Fischaber, wondering if you're still shaking your head and laughing at people having SSM finish 7th/8th?

When I said they're way more likely to finish 7th than 2nd
Dude, stop. If Hayton doesn't come back, SSM will only have 2 guys returning who scored 15 goals, and one of them apparently is going to be traded. They're also returning 0 players who were a point per game last year. Saying they'll finish 7th is WAY more logical than saying they'll finish 2nd lol
, you said
Square corners, I am not going to respond to ridiculous hyperbole. If you have anything useful to say then do so.
Hopefully you now realize everyone else was seeing the team logically, and with clarity while you were being delusional, which is fine as most fans are that way when it comes to their favourite team, but try not to attack people for logical takes, even if they're about your favourite team.

Last edited:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I know he can be sent back to junior after 10 games, but would he still be paid his entry level contract, which I believe is $700000. Does not make sense to pay that much and sent back to junior. Has this ever happened to anyone before.

Leon Draisaitl. Played 37 games for Edmonton then sent back to Kootenay

Reactions: HockeyPops

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Fischaber, wondering if you're still shaking your head and laughing at people having SSM finish 7th/8th?

, you said
Hopefully you now realize everyone else was seeing the team logically, and with clarity while you were being delusional, which is fine as most fans are that way when it comes to their favourite team, but try not to attack people for logical takes, even if they're about your favourite team.

Shot differential and goals scored for the Greyhounds are both close to the best in the league. They have been superb. My predictions for the skaters have been spot on. They are playing like a top tier team.

My predictions for the goaltenders were ridiculously off base and I admit that . I thought we'd get a combined save percentage around .890, which would be a step back for both Propp and Taylor, but that hasn't happened.

If that had been at .890 we'd be sitting at 81 goals for and 62 against. That differential is the third best mark in the league behind, Peterborough at 21 and Sudbury at 20.

If you were basing your prediction entirely on goaltending then you were absolutely correct, but you couldn't have been more wrong about the skaters and the stats all back that up 100%.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Shot differential and goals scored for the Greyhounds are both close to the best in the league. They have been superb. My predictions for the skaters have been spot on. They are playing like a top tier team.

My predictions for the goaltenders were ridiculously off base and I admit that . I thought we'd get a combined save percentage around .890, which would be a step back for both Propp and Taylor, but that hasn't happened.

If that had been at .890 we'd be sitting at 81 goals for and 62 against. That differential is the third best mark in the league behind, Peterborough at 21 and Sudbury at 20.

If you were basing your prediction entirely on goaltending then you were absolutely correct, but you couldn't have been more wrong about the skaters and the stats all back that up 100%.

Goals for per game is pretty average, goals against per game is pretty bad, bad defense allows grade A chances which is bad for a goalies SV%
Stats can tell any tale you choose to tell. But the hounds record is definitely telling; the hounds are not a top of the conference team.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Fischhaber made lots of bold statements in October, using his cherry-picked statistics and talking down his nose to people with pseudo-intellectual babble. When his predictions didn't pan out he turned nasty, assigning blame and insults to everyone but himself and his own delusional thought process.

The truth is ugly.

Last edited:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Goals for per game is pretty average, goals against per game is pretty bad, bad defense allows grade A chances which is bad for a goalies SV%
Stats can tell any tale you choose to tell. But the hounds record is definitely telling; the hounds are not a top of the conference team.

That's especially true when you don't tell the truth.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

, you said

Technically he wasn't wrong. None of us had a true feel for what was going on in the Soo. Unfortunately its looking like we were all being generous putting them in the 7/8 slot.

Last edited:

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I knew it was a rebuild year from the start but never predicted such a poor run of play.

As I've said before, this is a 19 year olds league and your vets have to be your best players. Quite simply put, our vets are NOT our best players. As talented as our younger players are, they lack the mental and physical toughness of their elder peers.

This is the first year it's an all-Raftis team and it would seem he over-valued the roster he assembled based on the strength off our vets last year.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
How is it possible that all but 2 of the Western Conference teams are currently on a win streak???

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Propp has been traded

New goalie is already in town

Malik will be here after WJC

Apparently McLean is going with him to Kingston. Likely Bonello + a 'meh' forward coming back. Would be weird if there wasn't a forward coming back since Kingston would have 16 on their roster while SSM would only have 12 (unless they think/know Hayton is coming back soon).

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com

Apparently McLean is going with him to Kingston. Likely Bonello + a 'meh' forward coming back. Would be weird if there wasn't a forward coming back since Kingston would have 16 on their roster while SSM would only have 12 (unless they think/know Hayton is coming back soon).

I forgot to mention. I still believe we see Hayton back.

I do not believe it's Bonello coming back.( it might be )

I am working on it. Whoever it is will be here until Malik comes after the WJC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad