SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
you're the most condescending hounds fan i've ever seen. next level arrogant. lets compare predictions in march.

Last edited:

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018
you're the most condescending hounds fan i've ever seen. next level arrogant.

I agree with Fischaber. I know where he’s coming from with statistics and it makes sense. I suggest you do have a read.

Raftis has also drafted very well and we’re at a surplus of picks and he recovers very well with small pieces. On many occasions I have read that he’ll deal an acquired free agent or someone who he traded for and ends up getting a higher return.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
raftis does draft well. that's not really even being debated is it?

fisch is cherrypicking statistics and that's fine. i'm going to play the long game and be back with screenshots in march.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree with Fischaber. I know where he’s coming from with statistics and it makes sense. I suggest you do have a read.

Raftis has also drafted very well and we’re at a surplus of picks and he recovers very well with small pieces. On many occasions I have read that he’ll deal an acquired free agent or someone who he traded for and ends up getting a higher return.

Unless you’re counting picks 10+ which I did not check, SSM has a deficit of three picks. That’s decent, but not a surplus.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
raftis does draft well. that's not really even being debated is it?

fisch is cherrypicking statistics and that's fine. i'm going to play the long game and be back with screenshots in march.

"Named after Buffalo Sabres goalie coach Jim Corsi who originally conceived of the stats, Corsi is the total shots at the net for and against at even strength. It’s often expressed as either a differential, like plus/minus, or a percentage.

Corsi is a proxy measure for offensive zone possession. Players and teams with positive Corsi rates tend to spend more time in the offensive zone at five-on-five, something that’s predictive of success over the long-term.

In general, the higher the corsi differential or ratio, the more dominant the team or player.

All things being equal, Corsi ratios tend to range between 40-60 per cent for most players and teams. An elite number is usually around 55 per cent or better while anything below 45 per cent tends to below average."

I don't have shots for just even strength, but our number is 56% so far [318÷(318+247)].

That's the most basic of advanced stats. I'm not cherry picking anything. Our team embraced this under Kyle Dubas and our fans should too.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
so condescending.

do QoC next.

and we'll talk again in March.

Discussing advanced stats is not condescending. It is interesting and a lot of people enjoy it.

Please do go away until March. Nobody wants to have discussions with people who just toss out insults for no reason and add nothing of value to the conversation. Name calling also isn't an opinion so don't use that ridiculous defense.

Last edited:

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
lots of actual opinions offered in my messages. if i was being insulting the mods would be deleting my posts. you don't like my opinions. there's a difference.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Great game by Propp tonight. 2nd star honours, and exactly the response he would have been looking for after Monday.

jerseyboy

Sep 18, 2019
Good effort last night. Coaches need to step it up and get some different guys out there on power play. Also need vets out there for 3 on 3 overtime. Got some good offence from a couple of the D men who controlled the play nicely in the offensive zone.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
gerry said taylor was starting before the game. any idea what happened there?
According to Peter's article in the Sault Star, "Ethan Taylor had been announced as the starter for Wednesday’s game, but Dean said that was a communication error and there was never a doubt he was going with Propp."

Reactions: DWI Dale

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Great game by Propp tonight. 2nd star honours, and exactly the response he would have been looking for after Monday.

Propp 4 goals allowed on 28 shot for 857 save percentage. OHL website says 3 stars were Giroux, Lennox, Wale.

Reactions: SuperMod

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad