SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Hard game to watch. Lot of defence mistakes. When we needed a big save never got it. Let’s hope we can turn things around soon.

Reactions: soo hound girl

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
I think it should be obvious we aren't as good as many people thought we would be. Its easy to see this team has alot of holes in it. Our penalty kill was the killer today, too many penalties and we couldn't kill em off. Lots of defensive lapses.
Wont get any easier with Saggy on Wensday

Reactions: dirty12 and louis

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Hounds still have a good team in the conference, what I noticed as a fan from OS was that although the Hounds had the special teams advantage, where the Hounds handcuffed themselves was that there emotions were there downfall.

There was big stretches of Saturday's game where they were more interested in following the officials around the ice then playing OS especially in the 2nd and 3rd frames and OS took advantage of that on the scoreboard. If the took that emotion and played a full 60 minute game Saturday's would've been a different outcome for the Hounds.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I'll blame Propp. We'd be 8-1 if we still had Villalta.

It didn't take long for you to go from "With Propp in net we should be favourites in the West Division" to "We suck because Propp is the goalie"
The undrafted guys will be available for OA seasons now and they will have to work even harder to make it. Look where Jake Muzzin is now after signing in his OA year.

With Propp in net we should be the favourites in the West Division. Should be another great season.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
It didn't take long for you to go from "With Propp in net we should be favourites in the West Division" to "We suck because Propp is the goalie"

You get a guy with a good track record and he plays like shit. That's hockey, nobody can predict it.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
If you knew anything, you’d know that you get some half decent play during the reg season but the guy flips a switch come time playoffs.

I didn't expect anything more than his career norms.

That's all you need on a team that is averaging almost 5 goals a game and hasn't been outshot a single time. Statistically, the Hounds skaters have matched any team so far, including Oshawa.

Unfortunately, Propp has been horrendous so far. Let's hope he can get back on track.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
We need some work on the defensive side of the puck, but its not 'sky is falling' type stuff. We have a jam packed week though, so it might take a bit before the coaching staff has enough time to get it sorted.

Villalta is not here, but he was very good at making that save when we needed it most. Propp hasnt displayed that yet. Opens the door for Taylor. Competition is good.

We still have scoring coming from all our lines. Get the defensive side sorted and watch our wins pile up.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
If my math is right there were 49 goals scored in the 4 games played today
It is not just us who is having goalie problems there is lots of goals going in around the league
Hopefully the North Bay posters are right about Propp about flipping a switch come the playoffs

czechgame

Mar 16, 2019
Pytlik 2nd in scoring among draft eligible players in the OHL is something I like to see. Unfortunately i haven’t seen any game. Could someone tell me how good is he on the ice this season?

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Pytlik 2nd in scoring among draft eligible players in the OHL is something I like to see. Unfortunately i haven’t seen any game. Could someone tell me how good is he on the ice this season?
https://twitter.com/czprospects/status/1183878442657484803?s=21

Pytlik is currently rated as a B prospect if he keeps playing the way he is playing right now he should move up the chart to a A prospect even the North Bay announcer was saying how impressive Pytlik was.
He has good size ,good skater nice shot his coming out party just might be in the World Juniors

czechgame

Mar 16, 2019
Pytlik is currently rated as a B prospect if he keeps playing the way he is playing right now he should move up the chart to a A prospect even the North Bay announcer was saying how impressive Pytlik was.
He has good size ,good skater nice shot his coming out party just might be in the World Juniors

He’s not a favorite player of czech coaches so I’m afraid he will only get limited ice time at the WJC.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Speaking of Pytlik, has anyone heard anything yet on any league issued discipline for the incident after yesterday’s game? I don’t think it will be much of a surprise to anyone if the league does hand something out in terms of a suspension. My only wonder would be how long......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad