SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The answer to that Nelli is that no one likes to lose to the Knights nor give the Knights any credit when their team is beaten by them. When they beat the Knights it's all "great game plan, good goaltending, good play in both zones, yada yada yada". HOWEVER, lose to the Knights and all the excuses come out "Flu going around, refs favour the Knights, the Knights are divers, etc". It's all whining and complaining.

We won 12 games in a row against the Knights and the officiating was shit in most of them. Excuses are not necessary when you win. Fans are just pointing out an obvious trend. You'll never notice it or admit it unless you step outside of your fandom (which I couldn't do), but fans of 19 other teams see obvious favouritism towards one.

Reactions: Birddog

bwhite154

Mar 27, 2019
The answer to that Nelli is that no one likes to lose to the Knights nor give the Knights any credit when their team is beaten by them. When they beat the Knights it's all "great game plan, good goaltending, good play in both zones, yada yada yada". HOWEVER, lose to the Knights and all the excuses come out "Flu going around, refs favour the Knights, the Knights are divers, etc". It's all whining and complaining.
The truth is nobody is jealous or is bitter by lossing to london..What is problem is ..is that london plays dirty which starts with the low life hunters themselves..They cheat and get favortism..That game tonight in the soo was a complete disgrass watching the so called refs fall time after time to a player that dove at least three times to get calls..sad part was theres no accountability to refs and to londons dirty play thats 9 out of ten times gets overlooked..Thats why 19 other teams hate london..Not because they are so good. Also its extremely obvious london in the time that the hunters bought the team have cheated the system to get stars there by bribing kids ..Thats also why when windsor got caught for bribing kids it meant nothingt o me till london gets caught..but hunter is so far up branchs ass that wont happen to them. I feel so sorry for london fans having that ass of brothers running that team ..i would be embarressed to have them have any part of the soo teams. If dont understand that well thats your problem.

Reactions: Birddog and Bear54

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Hey don't knights fans have their own board? Pretty sure that's what their posters like to tell people hahaha

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Was the officiating perfect? No (is it ever?).
Was it the worst officiated game ever? Not even close.

To anyone watching live, McMichael and LeGuerrier were battling every shift they were out there. Both were taking liberties, and only LeGuerrier was being penalized. One of the tripping penalties I remember suggesting that McMichael should have also been called for diving. But it was clear that McMichael was doing a much better job of playing just inside the bounds of what is acceptable, and LeGuerrier was frequently straying outside of those bounds. Full credit to McMichael for winning those matchups.

The entire Greyhounds team must be more disciplined. Not only are we the second most penalized, but we have given up the most Powerplay goals of any team since our PK is also second worst by %. It's not a sustainable recipe, and until it is addressed it will continue to end up costing us games.

And it's unfortunate because penalties aside, we played one of our most complete games of the season and still came out on the losing end. London has an excellent team and to have a chance of beating them you need to play a complete game - and even then you will sometimes lose. I am sure Dean was quite pleased with our overall game and compete level; when you lose you need to point a finger somewhere and so I am not surprised he chose the officiating as the target of his ire. But in reality London was still penalized 5 times to our 7, which is probably about right based on our lack of discipline that game.

Takeaway for me is that we are going to start having a lot more success this season if we keep playing like that.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
The truth is nobody is jealous or is bitter by lossing to london..What is problem is ..is that london plays dirty which starts with the low life hunters themselves..They cheat and get favortism..That game tonight in the soo was a complete disgrass watching the so called refs fall time after time to a player that dove at least three times to get calls..sad part was theres no accountability to refs and to londons dirty play thats 9 out of ten times gets overlooked..Thats why 19 other teams hate london..Not because they are so good. Also its extremely obvious london in the time that the hunters bought the team have cheated the system to get stars there by bribing kids ..Thats also why when windsor got caught for bribing kids it meant nothingt o me till london gets caught..but hunter is so far up branchs ass that wont happen to them. I feel so sorry for london fans having that ass of brothers running that team ..i would be embarressed to have them have any part of the soo teams. If dont understand that well thats your problem.

What a joke of a post. First off I'm embarrassed at your attempts at spelling.
And to respond to your 'accusations'...prove it. That's all we are looking for. Proof. Until you have proof that the Hunters:
a) Pay off the REFS and get favoritism during games
b) Have Branch in their pocket
c) Bribe players to get them to play there
d) Cheat during hockey games, somehow

Then your entire post is baseless, non-factual and simply subjective whining.

Reactions: TheCoach

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018

To anyone watching live, McMichael and LeGuerrier were battling every shift they were out there. Both were taking liberties, and only LeGuerrier was being penalized. One of the tripping penalties I remember suggesting that McMichael should have also been called for diving. But it was clear that McMichael was doing a much better job of playing just inside the bounds of what is acceptable, and LeGuerrier was frequently straying outside of those bounds. Full credit to McMichael for winning those matchups.

The entire Greyhounds team must be more disciplined. Not only are we the second most penalized, but we have given up the most Powerplay goals of any team since our PK is also second worst by %. It's not a sustainable recipe, and until it is addressed it will continue to end up costing us games.

And it's unfortunate because penalties aside, we played one of our most complete games of the season and still came out on the losing end. London has an excellent team and to have a chance of beating them you need to play a complete game - and even then you will sometimes lose. I am sure Dean was quite pleased with our overall game and compete level; when you lose you need to point a finger somewhere and so I am not surprised he chose the officiating as the target of his ire. But in reality London was still penalized 5 times to our 7, which is probably about right based on our lack of discipline that game.

Takeaway for me is that we are going to start having a lot more success this season if we keep playing like that.
Well said HockeyPops. Finally someone taking accountability.
Cheers

newhound777

Apr 10, 2019

I felt LeGuerrier had a nice game. Yes, he was on the short end for some calls, but he plays with the edge that most of our players lack.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
We won 12 games in a row against the Knights and the officiating was **** in most of them. Excuses are not necessary when you win. Fans are just pointing out an obvious trend. You'll never notice it or admit it unless you step outside of your fandom (which I couldn't do), but fans of 19 other teams see obvious favouritism towards one.

Funny cause the Knights are 3rd last in PPs received.

But yeah conspiracy theories rule the day I guess

Coach7940

Dec 12, 2017
Has anyone considered we have two defensemen on our team who were healthy scratches last year. Many said that eventually our pick dealings would catch up to us and unfortunately I think they have on the back end. We have always had two studs for the last few years that ate a ton of minutes. The sad thing is Hayton was not even on the WJC list so most likely gone for good with no return on this year. They are fun to watch, but we need a year of seasoning.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Has anyone considered we have two defensemen on our team who were healthy scratches last year. Many said that eventually our pick dealings would catch up to us and unfortunately I think they have on the back end. We have always had two studs for the last few years that ate a ton of minutes. The sad thing is Hayton was not even on the WJC list so most likely gone for good with no return on this year. They are fun to watch, but we need a year of seasoning.
I would say the same thing.. Sambrook and Hollowell made a huge difference last year.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
We’re feeling the pain of NOT retooling our team when needed. I’m not %100 confident this can be rectified by next season either?

Reactions: DWI Dale

Stopper

Oct 22, 2019
Dean's a whiny little twerp if we won that game it would be a no issue. Grow the hell up we blew it our player got 5 dam calls against him. High sticking intentional or not every ref will call it. Grow the hell up it's an embarrassment to this team. Supposed to be the leader and role model for these kids. Embarrassing the coach looks like a whiny little beach in front of these kids. GREAT sportsmanship coach.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
We’re feeling the pain of NOT retooling our team when needed. I’m not %100 confident this can be rectified by next season either?

our returning forwards are strong but our defense and goaltending have major holes IMO.
if hayton doesn't return and malik doesn't report, we're in trouble and so is Raftis.

*cue the triggered homers

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
also, McMichael was flopping around like a fish on Sunday. shameful display of diving. and no, i'm not a homer, i'm pretty hard on the hounds.

but leguerrier has to wise up after the first few. and the 5th goal was on Brkin. can't blame the refs for everything.

Last edited:

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Not totally disagreeing, but O'Rourke being injured for a number of weeks has not helped our back end, and Hayton being gone hurts us this year in many ways. Not too many 9th overall OHL picks stick in the NHL as underage players.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
also, McMichael was flopping around like a fish on Sunday. shameful display of diving.

I didn’t have the opportunity to watch the game BUT I know typically your posts are unbiased and informed so if you say it was so I accept it. McMichael is in “new” territory in the OHL as he has been our “big guy” when it comes to racking up points. The attention associated with being the man is something obviously he needs to learn how to deal with better then diving all the time. Secondary scoring (which we received this past weekend) will help out as well as teams can’t zero in on his every move. He will figure it out as he has a high hockey IQ and generally is quite a player. Cheers......

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
our returning forwards are strong but our defense and goaltending have major holes IMO.
if hayton doesn't return and malik doesn't report, we're in trouble and so is Raftis.

*cue the triggered homers
Malik is the key. Doesn't matter whether he comes this year or next, but we need him here next year.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Not totally disagreeing, but O'Rourke being injured for a number of weeks has not helped our back end, and Hayton being gone hurts us this year in many ways. Not too many 9th overall OHL picks stick in the NHL as underage players.
He was 5th overall pick

bwhite154

Mar 27, 2019
What a joke of a post. First off I'm embarrassed at your attempts at spelling.
And to respond to your 'accusations'...prove it. That's all we are looking for. Proof. Until you have proof that the Hunters:
a) Pay off the REFS and get favoritism during games
b) Have Branch in their pocket
c) Bribe players to get them to play there
d) Cheat during hockey games, somehow

Then your entire post is baseless, non-factual and simply subjective whining.
If your okay having a low life cheating coach and gm in the hunters that you rproblem..fact is they have cheated the system from the get go getting players that have no right be knights..I respected london before the hunters bought them and the hate from every other 19 team fans hate for them is all the same..No jealousy Just seeing the obvious..I cant prove it as I have no direct information but when 19 other teams see the obvious its fact..Problem is for it to be caught is branch is up his ass so far it wont happen. Windsor being caught was a joke as all other 19 team fans will say cause the team that truly chaeats the system like no other is off the hook..also londons dirty play brought on by the dirtiest hockey player ever is discusting how they play...In closing Im so proud the soo has no part of any hunter brother. Londons been a disgrass to the whole ohl since the hunters bought them..If the hunters weren't part of them im sure the other 19 team fans can respect their franchise like we do the others..So sad for you to have the hunters running your team..If you like cheaters good for you..I personally dont and its very obvious they do and do get favourtisim.In closing Stay on your own fan site. Your not wanted here.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
McMichael is in “new” territory in the OHL as he has been our “big guy” when it comes to racking up points. The attention associated with being the man is something obviously he needs to learn how to deal with better then diving all the time.

That's where officiating is supposed to be a corrective deterrent. However in this particular game he was being rewarded, so he was given incentive to continue.

Same official called most of the suspect penalties. The high stick in OT happened right in front of me and was a legit penalty, that one is Leguerrier's mistake.

Last edited:

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
If your okay having a low life cheating coach and gm in the hunters that you rproblem..fact is they have cheated the system from the get go getting players that have no right be knights..I respected london before the hunters bought them and the hate from every other 19 team fans hate for them is all the same..No jealousy Just seeing the obvious..I cant prove it as I have no direct information but when 19 other teams see the obvious its fact..Problem is for it to be caught is branch is up his ass so far it wont happen. Windsor being caught was a joke as all other 19 team fans will say cause the team that truly chaeats the system like no other is off the hook..also londons dirty play brought on by the dirtiest hockey player ever is discusting how they play...In closing Im so proud the soo has no part of any hunter brother. Londons been a disgrass to the whole ohl since the hunters bought them..If the hunters weren't part of them im sure the other 19 team fans can respect their franchise like we do the others..So sad for you to have the hunters running your team..If you like cheaters good for you..I personally dont and its very obvious they do and do get favourtisim.In closing Stay on your own fan site. Your not wanted here.
Yes, that's why Hockey Canada must have chosen them as GM and Coach of he World Junior Team....because they cheat and are an embarrassment to hockey. Maybe they can lure some American kids to play for Team Canada with their back-room dealings and they'll be able to pay off the International Referees as well. I'm sure that having lost your respect makes the Hunters stay up all night regretting every move they have made in their hockey careers.
The only thing that is obvious from your post is the envy you have for a winning organization and the fact that your embarrassing yourself with
a) Your poor grammar and spelling skills
b) Your unsubstantiated accusations
c) Your lack of research to back up your baseless rhetoric
d) Your laughable excuses

Oh...and I'll stay on my forum if you stay on yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad