SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
The Arizona Coyotes have assigned forward Barrett Hayton to the Tucson Roadrunners on a conditioning assignment.
Hayton can only stay in the AHL for 14 days, otherwise he has to be returned to junior.

Reactions: HockeyPops

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
The Arizona Coyotes have assigned forward Barrett Hayton to the Tucson Roadrunners on a conditioning assignment.
Hayton can only stay in the AHL for 14 days, otherwise he has to be returned to junior.
So your saying there’s a chance

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i'd say there's a better chance Dale Hunter sings Oh Canada at the next hounds game wearing a tutu and crop top while swinging sparklers than there is atHayton playing any more junior hockey.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Looking forward to watching Holden Wale play again tonight. Of Kitchener's two deadline acquisitions, I wonder who they are happier with so far?
Wale, Holden - 8GP, 1G, 4A, 5Pts, +5
Noel, Serron - 9GP, 1G, 3A, 4Pts, -2

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Looking forward to watching Holden Wale play again tonight. Of Kitchener's two deadline acquisitions, I wonder who they are happier with so far?
Wale, Holden - 8GP, 1G, 4A, 5Pts, +5
Noel, Serron - 9GP, 1G, 3A, 4Pts, -2

Noel has been apparently battling back issues that are affecting his play. He was a resent scratch as a result.

We hope he comes around by playoff time.

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Tough game to lose. Our defence has been questionable all year, but last night was the low point for the year. Defence moves the puck well, but cannot defend in our own end. Going to be hard to get that last playoff spot.

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
5 goals against... again!

New goalie, same problems...

The defense needs player changes, personnel changes, systems changes or a combination of the 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: count35

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I’m wondering what up and coming coaches are out there for this offseason? Not saying it SHOULD be blown up but....

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Easy there guys. This team is performing well for the last 5 games, and all you want to do is blow everything up. A few lapses in the defensive zone does not mean we are playing 60 minutes of terrible hockey.

The way we are playing, we were way closer to winning against Ottawa and Kitchener than we were to being blown out by them. We have been playing some good hockey, and if it continues we will have a great chance at taking 4 points this weekend against weaker teams from Niagara and Guelph.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i wish i shared the eternal optimism you have HP...

but we've been seeing the same crap all year with regards to our defensive game. our record and goals against statistics support it.

I'm not saying blow the team/staff up but I'm confident this defensive squad is not championship calibre as is.

Last edited:

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
also, a combination of our high penalty minutes and 18th ranked penalty kill have been sinking us all season as well, another issue I have been pointing out since november when the pom pom waivers were telling us how good we are.

our PP has improved and presently sits 9th but everybody knows we can score goals... it's stopping them that seems to trouble us.

Last edited:

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Pretty exciting. Isnt oshawa a shoe in for next year?
I guess “shoe in” isn’t the case.
With the fee to enter a bid, I’m sure a team wouldn’t submit without a chance. There must be conversations beyond any of us that would lead a team to submit a bid.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Branch was begging teams to submit a bid because he wants it anywhere BUT Oshawa. IMO Soo is now the favourite to Host

Reactions: shot caller

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i admittedly don't know jack and i'm willing to be surprised. i just know that oshawa applying was the worst kept secret in the world until december.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
It's not exactly a well kept secret here either. Why else would they have converted the boardroom to extra seating, and announced an upgrade to the scoreboard?

Houndzfan

Dec 9, 2017
Easy there guys. This team is performing well for the last 5 games, and all you want to do is blow everything up. A few lapses in the defensive zone does not mean we are playing 60 minutes of terrible hockey.

The way we are playing, we were way closer to winning against Ottawa and Kitchener than we were to being blown out by them. We have been playing some good hockey, and if it continues we will have a great chance at taking 4 points this weekend against weaker teams from Niagara and Guelph.

Bang on HP!
This is our rebuild. The West is strong. We are doing very well to be in games against Ottawa and Kitchener. No need to blow up. Yes we need better D but at what cost. Save the picks for next year and make a run!
Hosting would be awesome next year. Work your magic management and city!

Reactions: shot caller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad